Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

IAD to BER -- delayed launch, EWR-BER now operating

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IAD to BER -- delayed launch, EWR-BER now operating

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2022, 11:49 pm

Does UA get fast lane access in BER for Bus and/ or Gold members?
Taking the ewr-ber flight a few times over the next weeks. Sad that IAD got dropped
Old Jun 17, 2022, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by noname83
Taking the ewr-ber flight a few times over the next weeks. Sad that IAD got dropped
Yes.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 6:21 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Yup, as otherwise security lines can be hell
Old Jun 17, 2022, 4:06 pm

Programs: United currently plat
Anyone have experience with the Tempelhof lounge? UA is shown as a partner on the BER website https://ber.berlin-airport.de/en/caf....html#partners

Any chance a simple showing my United Club membership might get me in? Technically on KL transferring to UA at AMS (nightmare ensues.) Might that count as same-day rule? ditto for LH lounge i suppose..
Old Jun 17, 2022, 4:58 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by evol
Any chance a simple showing my United Club membership might get me in? Technically on KL transferring to UA at AMS (nightmare ensues.) Might that count as same-day rule? ditto for LH lounge i suppose..
Unlikely without a qualifying departing UA flight BP from that airport. The UC membership will be meaningless at non-*A lounges

For the LH lounge and UC card, you will need a qualifying *A departing flight BP from that airport

No same day concept for non-UA lounges, it is all about the departing BP
SPN Lifer and evol like this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 17, 2022 at 5:05 pm Reason: No same day concept for non-UA lounges
Old Jun 17, 2022, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by evol
Anyone have experience with the Tempelhof lounge? UA is shown as a partner on the BER website https://ber.berlin-airport.de/en/caf....html#partners
I flew EWR-BER-EWR 3 weeks ago. The lounge is better than the LH lounge (which was packed). It was very empty before the UA flight leaves.
What I loved about BER is that by the time the UA flight arrives the immigration is pretty much empty.
cfischer and evol like this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by evol (Post # 49)
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post # 50)
Unlikely without a qualifying departing UA flight BP from that airport. The UC membership will be meaningless at non-*A lounges

For the LH lounge and UC card, you will need a qualifying *A departing flight BP from that airport

No same day concept for non-UA lounges, it is all about the departing BP
As a lifetime United Club (UC) member, that has also been my experience. Partner and Star Alliance (*A) lounges insist on seeing a qualifying boarding pass (BP) departing from that airport.
evol likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 10:37 am

Programs: Chase, United
UA from BER: lounge? passport check?

I fly out of BER on UA, polaris business. (Last minute equip change from 767-300 to -400, ugh.) Can anyone say how the airport works for this? Is there a lounge I can access *after* having my passport stamped and "leaving" the country? Or is there just one gate area after that point? If so, is there any use of the lounge? Should I even have access to a star alliance lounge?
Old Jun 22, 2022, 10:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
According to the Star Alliance Lounge Finder, the only lounge at BER is in the Schengen area, so you would not have access flying United.

Last edited by mahasamatman; Jun 22, 2022 at 11:03 am
Old Jun 22, 2022, 11:13 am

Programs: MileagePlus-Premier Silver, Marriott Bonvoy-Silver Elite
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
According to the Star Alliance Lounge Finder, the only lounge at BER is in the Schengen area, so you would not have access flying United.
So OP can't stop by the lounge (across from gate B20) before "leaving" Schengen? He's flying *A business. Am I missing something?
Old Jun 22, 2022, 11:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by VRFast
So OP can't stop by the lounge (across from gate B20) before "leaving" Schengen? He's flying *A business. Am I missing something?
OP should be able to. They would need to clear security to enter the airside area and access the lounge, but remember to leave enough time to clear exit passport control on the way to the UA gate. That's how the vast majority of European airports are set up (you can move "freely" between Schengen and non-Schengen as long as you go through the relevant passport controls), but not sure if BER is configured differently/oddly.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Presumably, OP is departing ex-BER. OP can clear security, go to the LH lounge then clear immigration prior to boarding. As noted above, account for extra time to clear immigration before boarding.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 12:45 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
UA also has The Templehof Lounge as contract lounge for Polaris customers, which is also pre-passport control according to the lounge description. https://ber.berlin-airport.de/en/caf...tempelhof.html
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by PTahCha
UA also has The Templehof Lounge as contract lounge for Polaris customers, which is also pre-passport control according to the lounge description. https://ber.berlin-airport.de/en/caf...tempelhof.html

This is completely right.
I flew in and out of BER a month ago in Polaris.
You can use both the Lufthansa or the Tempelhof lounge. There are pretty much on the opposite side of each other.
I would use the Tempelhof lounge because it is quieter. And by the time boarding starts you have an exclusive passage out of the lounge directly to a immigrattion police officer, specifically for flights out of the Schengen Zone. It is really simple and kinda hassle free tbh.
SPN Lifer, Deckter and VRFast like this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 12:53 am

Programs: Chase, United
Think not

Today they seemed to limit priority security to passengers flying business. Not certain but seemed to be. Not a big deal this time because the priority lane was very very backed up and slow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.