Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

FRA-ORD 12 Jan 22 cold food due to broken ovens. I can’t rereoute; compensation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FRA-ORD 12 Jan 22 cold food due to broken ovens. I can’t rereoute; compensation?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2022, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Sleepy_Sentry
The service is definitely better than UA, but if you fly Finnair or AF J, you will feel like they are leaps ahead of LH. But I would absolutely take LH over UA as well.
Interesting. I rarely stray from Star Alliance. But have flown several carriers other than UA lately, and they have all provided better service at this stage.
They all have their quirks, but overall there is no comparison.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
The service is definitely better than UA, but if you fly Finnair or AF J, you will feel like they are leaps ahead of LH. But I would absolutely take LH over UA as well.
I read somewhere recently that Finnair flyers were up in arms as only cold sandwiches were offered in TATL J 😱
Old Jan 19, 2022, 8:54 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
I do not see the point in changing unless you want an excuse/ok reason to fly on LH or to get more PQF. The current polaris meal service is all courses on a single tray. Polaris passengers are not missing much. Just load up on beer, pretzels and curry in the LH lounge and have something nice in Chicago.

If OP has status and/or at least their mileage plus number on their boarding pass, and the flight was booked on UA.com, then UA will likely (hit or miss) proactively email OP with points or ETC offer for the service failure.

Glad OP got real business class on LH. I would have strongly considered a switch, but hubbing thru means lost time over a cold meal instead of a one-tray meal (oh the agony of my meal on one tray )

Originally Posted by tcdtcd
I read somewhere recently that Finnair flyers were up in arms as only cold sandwiches were offered in TATL J 😱
Same with Air Canada for around a year and a few monthsafter the start of rona. Only that AC flyers are a much more complacent bunch.

Last edited by cur; Jan 19, 2022 at 9:03 pm
Old Jan 20, 2022, 8:36 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
I haven't flown AY but the AF J product (both the seat and the soft product) is excellent. IMO better than LH. Another non *A business class you might try is VS Upper Class. The seats are good (maybe not great but better than LH) and both the soft product and the Club House lounges are excellent.
danielflyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.