Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA took away all my miles while I tried to change an award ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA took away all my miles while I tried to change an award ticket

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2021, 5:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by susiesan
Good news, after being on the phone over 3 hours with various UA reps I was able to speak to a supervisor at the MP service center. She could see the error UA made and she manually restored my account to where it should be now. I will need to call UA tomorrow and have them ticket. The 4 charges for taxes are still showing as pending on my credit card, if still there I will call about those and dilute 3 of the 4.

One shouldn't have to work so hard and spend hours undoing a UA computer glitch.
True, but in my 30+ years of flying UA, while I've experienced my share of obstacles similar to yours, in the end, UA has always done the right thing by me. I can't say that about many other businesses.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold
Update: I am not ticketed yet. UA is too busy dealing with all of their cancelled flights this week. I tried calling earlier and hold times were way too long. I'll give them a call next week, after New Year's holiday travel subsides. FYI: this is one time the twitter team was not able to help me. usually they get things done faster than calling but not this time. They were not able to issue the new tickets.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Update: I am not ticketed yet. UA is too busy dealing with all of their cancelled flights this week. I tried calling earlier and hold times were way too long. I'll give them a call next week, after New Year's holiday travel subsides. FYI: this is one time the twitter team was not able to help me. usually they get things done faster than calling but not this time. They were not able to issue the new tickets.
Good luck!

David
Old Dec 30, 2021, 2:08 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Are you tickets confirmed, with all the miles issues resolved? If yes, it takes up to 72 hours for the partner to confirm and ticket the reservation. This is industry standard.

If not, just make new reservations and cancel the old ones.

The UA Twitter team is your front line reservation agent, nothing more. They can't force the ticketing desk to work faster if the partner has not confirmed the reservation.
wxguy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.