Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Your unused PlusPoints are being extended to Jan 2023 (or July 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your unused PlusPoints are being extended to Jan 2023 (or July 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2021, 5:29 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nomad420
Mine were extended at the notification of 1K requal this last weekend. I have, let's just say hundreds as well, and at the risk of being accused of being a complainer (again) they almost never have them clear. I have posted for the past year that I basically apply them to everything I book. I honestly can't remember when an instrument assisted upgrade, or for that matter any upgrade, has cleared for me. As they say here on FT, if you want F pay for it and that is what I do when my wallet and flight allows me to.
1K PlusPennies are indeed almost impossible to use for highly desirable routes during peak travel times. Not saying that United should change that but it’s just the reality of the situation. I’m at a point beyond yours where I don’t even bother with them for myself and instead apply them to other propel’s reservations constantly. It’s sincerely amusing to see people in group chats for companies (very common to see this in big tech) or alumni apply pluspoints to multiple reservations at once and have none of them clear.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 5:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
As a counterpoint, I've had good luck and have burned over 200 PP on domestic upgrades in the last few months. This includes DEN-ORD, EWR-LAX, DEN-SFO, DEN-IAH and some other "high-profile" routes. Many of these have been on Polaris-equipped aircraft (primarily 772, 763).

I do look forward to the day that I can get back to using them on international travel instead, however...
cfischer and WasKnown like this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 8:21 pm

Programs: UA-MG
Originally Posted by dav3d
My experience does not match this.

I have requalified for 1K in 2022 with FttF. Last earned status was 2019.

Existing PP expiration was extended to 7/31/22 this week. (New PP have not yet posted).
Same. When I called they said that FTTF can take up to Dec 21st to post.... So I'm probly going to wait and then call.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 5:17 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by Repooc17
The thread can be merged with the existing topic of the same subject:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...extension.html

Other than marketing and lip services from airline officials, we are all just a bunch of numbers to them. Loyalty is really only going one-way (from you to the airline) - is that really royalty?
Agreed on the merger and loyalty. I hadn't been paying attention to that thread as PP are essentially useless to me. Now if they were to treat us like royalty that would be a different matter!
Repooc17 likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by WasKnown
1K PlusPennies are indeed almost impossible to use for highly desirable routes during peak travel times. Not saying that United should change that but it’s just the reality of the situation. I’m at a point beyond yours where I don’t even bother with them for myself and instead apply them to other propel’s reservations constantly. It’s sincerely amusing to see people in group chats for companies (very common to see this in big tech) or alumni apply pluspoints to multiple reservations at once and have none of them clear.
Agree, I live and work out of the SFO and KOA/HNL so not and ideal situation for clearing upgrades of any kind.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Any word if those who requalified for 1K after they did the initial round of +P extensions will get a similar extension to 01/2023?
Old Dec 21, 2021, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by drewguy
They need to have them be useable somehow, so offering STW redemption is sensible. People can overpay for an upgrade and feel satisfied that they were able to use their PPs.
I personally would love to see that, I would have basically lost a bunch of PPs this year had they not been extended and even now not sure how 2022 will go. I literally couldn't give them away. I have posted numerus times this past year on FT about failed instrument assisted upgrades. I am OP on the 2021 wiki for failed upgrades....LOL The last time was last week where they didn't clear for a family member yet again. They have literally become a joke in my family. Almost no one even checks in advance about the upgrade and just figures on the outside chance they got upgraded they would find out at the gate. So certainly in the last half of the year I would use them on a STW deal if it looked like I was going to eat them again.
Old Dec 25, 2021, 7:40 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Your unused PlusPoints are being extended to Jan 2023

placeholder
Old Jan 2, 2022, 9:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dkc192
Any word if those who requalified for 1K after they did the initial round of +P extensions will get a similar extension to 01/2023?
Bumping in case anyone has any more recent data points. I requalified on 12/20 but so far I still have a batch of +Ps expiring in 07/2022. I also wrote to 1K Voice a few days ago about an extension to bring me in line with other requalified 1Ks and am waiting to hear back.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 11:16 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by dkc192
Bumping in case anyone has any more recent data points. I requalified on 12/20 but so far I still have a batch of +Ps expiring in 07/2022. I also wrote to 1K Voice a few days ago about an extension to bring me in line with other requalified 1Ks and am waiting to hear back.
GS MP told me the other day that those who requalified during 2021 will have their +P automatically extended from 7/22 to 1/23 sometime in January. We shall see!
Old Jan 14, 2022, 9:12 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by wxguy
GS MP told me the other day that those who requalified during 2021 will have their +P automatically extended from 7/22 to 1/23 sometime in January. We shall see!
UPDATE! Sometime over the past few days, all of my PlusPoints have now been extended through 1/2023. (I had "requalified" under the reduced 1K threshold in mid-December.)
Old Jan 14, 2022, 10:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wxguy
UPDATE! Sometime over the past few days, all of my PlusPoints have now been extended through 1/2023. (I had "requalified" under the reduced 1K threshold in mid-December.)
Same. I think it updated just yesterday.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Same - except the update happened last night.

David
Old Jan 15, 2022, 12:02 am

Programs: UA MM, Marriott LT Plat
Ok, this one I don't understand. I have a bunch of Plus Points that got extended thru Jan '23. That much makes sense (I requalified as 1k in Sept). But get this: When checking online both the summary and the "My United" page show 20 points expiring at the end of Jan. '24. Didn't think any Plus Points have that kind of shelf life!

Old Jan 15, 2022, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by jtet
Ok, this one I don't understand. I have a bunch of Plus Points that got extended thru Jan '23. That much makes sense (I requalified as 1k in Sept). But get this: When checking online both the summary and the "My United" page show 20 points expiring at the end of Jan. '24. Didn't think any Plus Points have that kind of shelf life!

Someone's an overachiever!

David
jtet likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.