Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

The UA Frequent Flyer Quiz Thread: Where Is This?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The UA Frequent Flyer Quiz Thread: Where Is This?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2024, 12:27 pm
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

Alright, here is a hint. This is what it looks like with my back turned to the first picture.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 12:35 pm

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Originally Posted by Long Train Runnin

Alright, here is a hint. This is what it looks like with my back turned to the first picture.

Idaho Falls
SPN Lifer and Xyzzy like this.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 12:36 pm

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JAXPax
Idaho Falls
IDA is it.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 12:40 pm

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Here’s one I took this weekend. Realized I had to censor out the scrolling text on the monitor…

Old Jan 9, 2024, 7:54 am

I know I am wrong, but somehow I can't stop thinking that is DAY.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 9:42 am

I know I am wrong, but somehow I can't stop thinking that is DAY.
You're not far off.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 10:36 am

You're not far off.
CMH or am I heading the wrong way?
Old Jan 9, 2024, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
What are these and why do I have them?

Were they given out at the 2013 sfo do? Why do I have 2?

Old Jan 9, 2024, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by gaobest
Were they given out at the 2013 sfo do? Why do I have 2?
The ne on the left looks like a passport cover. These were given out for the start of some international routes. I recall receiving one when flying the (then new) DEN-NRT route. Perhaps you flew both ways and received one each way. Not having gone to the 2013 SFO Do I have no idea whether these made an appearance there.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 3:28 pm

CMH or am I heading the wrong way?

Getting warmer.

As someone who used to do real estate for an airline, these days there are only really a few millwork providers and airport display software providers out there (unless you have an airport that under whatever civic entity it is has to go to lowest bidder regardless and you get Bob's Kitchens down the road who has never done airport work before and that just never works well). So airports start looking more and more generic and similar in gate aspects.
Say Vandelay likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Getting warmer.
If DAY is warm and CMH is warmer, then thinking about airports that would have a gate "3" (as opposed to C3 or something), CAK? The windows look right, but the rest of the design less so -- unless this gate wasn't part of the refurbishment.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by jsloan
If DAY is warm and CMH is warmer, then thinking about airports that would have a gate "3" (as opposed to C3 or something), CAK? The windows look right, but the rest of the design less so -- unless this gate wasn't part of the refurbishment.
It is CAK.

It wasn't part of the latest refurbishment that extended out the concourse but I think part of the one before that. This gate is the first one upstairs (and to my right was the elevator down and railing overlooking the central area just after security).
jsloan and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 10:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Where was this model airplane (that could use some repairs) displayed?

Old Jan 11, 2024, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by econ
Where was this model airplane (that could use some repairs) displayed?
MileagePlus shopping stre at EWR
Old Jan 11, 2024, 11:08 am

Programs: Fmr. UA 1K, Hilton Honors Gold
Where's this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.