Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United now offers free Wifi Day Pass on Travel-ready Center (back?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United now offers free Wifi Day Pass on Travel-ready Center (back?)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2021, 8:35 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
This sucks, I can never use check in via phone or computer......so, I can never get the day pass
I can easily complete all the travel ready stuff, it just won't let me check in until I get to the check in counter. I can check in for domestic flights, just not Int'l.

Good deal for those that can check in online....enjoy, I won't be hogging your bandwidth
Old Dec 19, 2021, 11:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Hipplewm
This sucks, I can never use check in via phone or computer......so, I can never get the day pass
I can easily complete all the travel ready stuff, it just won't let me check in until I get to the check in counter. I can check in for domestic flights, just not Int'l.

Good deal for those that can check in online....enjoy, I won't be hogging your bandwidth
At least for LHR-SFO the message is the code will be provided at the check in counter, so you'll likely be fine if that holds up.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 11:51 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Joshua
Not offered via website or mobile app for an itinerary ERI-Hub-Hub-GRU-LATAM operated city. Not offered after a reroute to PIT-Hub-GRU either.

Uploaded the passports weeks ago and they were already in the profile so maybe that blocks it.
The offer is only available flying back to the US.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Definitely showing for my ZRH-BOS flight 1/3/22. Interesting, might try this.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 7:00 am

Showed in-app for FRA-SFO, but I changed the flight to FMO-MUC-SFO (first segment operated by LH) and the offer is gone. I'll ask at the gate in Munich, but don't have much hope.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Was I dreaming? I swear I saw something in the TRC the other day promising a free WiFi day pass if I used the TRC to obtain a boarding pass. I did so and never received any pass. I similarly can no longer find the offer within the UA app. Did anyne else see this?
Old Dec 27, 2021, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Yu were nt dreaming.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 30, 2021 at 9:39 pm Reason: cleanup after move; thanks for the link
Old Dec 27, 2021, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Originally Posted by PTahCha
The offer is only available flying back to the US.
Interesting - I saw it when using the TRC for EWR-LHR ... but then it disappeared. The app was confused at the time because my flight was canceled and I was rebooked. I wonder if I'll see it LHR-EWR ... I h:0pe so...
Old Dec 27, 2021, 11:39 am

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
I had the offer cdg SFO and did all check in in advance but got nothing. How do you access it?
Old Dec 27, 2021, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
I had the offer cdg SFO and did all check in in advance but got nothing. How do you access it?
Same. SYD-SFO today and did not get an email or confirmation upon check-in.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've emailed 1kvoice. We'll see if anything happens. I'm nt holding my breath.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FWIW, 1K Voice respnded with this:

I have checked with my Support Desk but regret we are unable to validate the offer. Please know that your comments have been duly noted and forwarded to senior management to ensure they don't go unnoticed. Feedback like yours is taken very seriously and provides us with opportunities to improve our services.
I've sent them the screenshot at the top of this thread.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
FWIW, 1K Voice respnded with this:

I've sent them the screenshot at the top of this thread.
UGH. Definitely sounds like UA. Has anyone been able to make this work recently? I'd hate to send a lot of time to upload the stupid docs to just find out the offer isn't working.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Well my offer is now gone, so I believe it was some super short-timed offer.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Free Wi-Fi when getting "Travel Ready" with TRC

When looking at the Travel Ready Center (TRC) on line today, got a pop up offering free WiiFi on my flight if I uploaded my travel docs. and check in for the fligtt on-line or with the app.

Nice offer, though I sort of like being "unplugged" while on long flights. Might use it just a bit though.
Not sure if every flight is eligible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.