Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Polaris Lounge Open in Newark (EWR)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Polaris Lounge Open in Newark (EWR)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2022, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by JimInOhio
UA INTL arrivals can be either Terminal B or Terminal C.
Only once into C in all my years
Old Apr 14, 2022, 3:42 pm

very rare for VCE inbound.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
I've only had a terminal C arrival twice in my entire life. Wish they could just funnel everything to C so its faster to transfer back to airside and get to the PL
Old Apr 15, 2022, 5:41 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by flyingrohit
I've only had a terminal C arrival twice in my entire life. Wish they could just funnel everything to C so its faster to transfer back to airside and get to the PL
EWR is my home airport and I travel internationally every month. Pre-COVID I would arrive at Terminal C regularly from an international flight -- but now it is mostly terminal B. I'm sure UA would prefer more C arrivals so they wouldn't have to always tow the aircraft to the new departure gate -- but I'm sure there is a good reason for it -- like staffing at customs and immigration...
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 6:47 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
So it sounds like the EWR Polaris lounge is jammed in the late afternoon (I'm on a 1900 departure and was planning to arrive around 1645). With Classified still closed, does anybody have a recommendation on somewhere else to park, imbibe and have dinner?
The Polaris Lounge is the best option in EWR C, even if crowded. At least go to the bar and have a few drinks there before you leave for food if the crowds and NJ service are bothering you. Little Purse Dumplings would be another option, but it's pricey.
jamienbaker likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by thejaredhuang

Burger was ok, I asked if they could do a double patty and they said no, kind of strange to deny a simple request.
I've asked for a double burger too -- and was similarly denied. Next time I'll ask for two burgers, one with a bun and one withut.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by seanp7
The Polaris Lounge is the best option in EWR C, even if crowded. At least go to the bar and have a few drinks there before you leave for food if the crowds and NJ service are bothering you. Little Purse Dumplings would be another option, but it's pricey.
Thanks, I've passed Little Purse several times, maybe I'll give it a shot. Appreciate you taking time to respond to my post. Safe travels - Jamie
Old Apr 15, 2022, 1:39 pm
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
I've asked for a double burger too -- and was similarly denied. Next time I'll ask for two burgers, one with a bun and one withut.
I was going to suggest ordering two (complete) burgers and let them waste the second bun. Their choice, my decision.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by wpcoe
I was going to suggest ordering two (complete) burgers and let them waste the second bun. Their choice, my decision.
I've witnessed this in the dining room.
I've also witnessed them bring out a double burger, but I think it was in IAD
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by wpcoe
Sorry -- I'm against waste. It's easy enough to ask them to skip the secnd bun. If they refuse, then simply order two burgers.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
EWR is my home airport and I travel internationally every month. Pre-COVID I would arrive at Terminal C regularly from an international flight -- but now it is mostly terminal B. I'm sure UA would prefer more C arrivals so they wouldn't have to always tow the aircraft to the new departure gate -- but I'm sure there is a good reason for it -- like staffing at customs and immigration...
fyi - on my flight home today - UA961 - we arrived at C138 / seems the C terminal is now reopened for foreign arrivals….
Old Apr 21, 2022, 3:37 pm

Ate there food options that do not require ordering?

Last time I was at Polaris lounge was precovid :/
Old Apr 21, 2022, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by tr3k
Ate there food options that do not require ordering?

Last time I was at Polaris lounge was precovid :/
Yes the buffet has reopened like the past -- the food didn't look too bad and the bread selection (for breakfast) was nice. We were there early and in the mornings the Polaris lounge is pretty much empty (compared to the afternoon)
tr3k likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 5:13 pm

Programs: UA
Was here yesterday, IMO the dining menu is 2nd worst, only beaten by SFO. Food quality is ok, I just prefer other things. I had french toast and the EWR sandwich, both were quite mediocre, next time I'm making my own breakfast bagel from the buffet.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 9:03 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
First long haul international trip on UA since pandemic and very disappointed with Polaris lounge. We got to Polaris lounge at 2045 (after ATC delay in perfect weather DCA-EWR… maybe consolidate the every-30-minutes-flights now that demand is back and slot squatting is less necessary).

Hot food long since put away (zero sign it was even there - just cold sandwiches and salad), sit down dining closed, one bartender who was fairly rude and seemed like he had no clue what he was doing, and last call at 2115 with the lounge closing at 2145 sharp despite my 2300 departure to LHR. The lounge was quite crowded and others seemed pretty confused about lack of food and early close. There were probably 5-8 staff very focused on cleaning up everything so they could leave right when the lounge closed. A far cry from pre-Covid and very lame given the flight schedule.

Going to send a complaint to 1k voice as this is not acceptable for a flagship lounge in a major market.
SPN Lifer, seanp7, tcdtcd and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.