Search

How are 1Ks being treated by UA?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2022, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by h2oflyboy
The usage of the + has been used for a long time ago at UA Economy Plus: E+ // but the Premium Plus didn't get the fun + sign and is abbreviated PP. Hope this trick helps with the Initialism/acronyms. I'm also efficient at Disney initialism/acronyms.
Originally Posted by perkele
we really should "make P+ happen". i was really struggling the other day to decide whether i could refer to both Premium Plus and Plus Points as PP in the same reply.
PP = Premium Plus = P+

PP = Plus Points = +P

PP = ????

David
SPN Lifer and mechteach like this.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 10:26 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by DELee
PP = Premium Plus = P+

PP = Plus Points = +P

PP = ????

David
Don't forget the old nomenclature of PP meaning Premier Platinum. Remember, we use to have 1P, 2P, PP, 1K...
Old Aug 25, 2022, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GlobalServiced
Don't forget the old nomenclature of PP meaning Premier Platinum. Remember, we use to have 1P, 2P, PP, 1K...
Yah somewhat. But for those who hail from the PMUA side, "Platinum" was never an option. Some of us went referring to it as 0P since there was 3P for status nominations, 2P for 25,000 milers, 1P for 50,000 and 1K for 100,000 BIS so logically 0P would then mean 75,000.

David
Old Aug 25, 2022, 11:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by GlobalServiced
Try flying out of Houston to Denver on the B772… The WFBF crowd sure does make an upgrade hard to come by.
I was on a IAH-DEN flight a couple days ago when 3 GSs boarded early and about 7 1Ks followed. All of the GSs and 1Ks walked back to Y except for 2-only my wife and I remained in F because we bought F. I later talked to one of the GSs at baggage claim and asked her how things were working out on UGs. She said that, as an IAH flyer, she has about a 30% UG rate using PPs, but that hub-to-hub was really hard. She said that she only ever gets CPUs on short haul.

Last edited by zombietooth; Aug 25, 2022 at 12:06 pm
Old Aug 27, 2022, 4:47 pm

Programs: *
Originally Posted by zombietooth
I was on a IAH-DEN flight a couple days ago when 3 GSs boarded early and about 7 1Ks followed. All of the GSs and 1Ks walked back to Y except for 2-only my wife and I remained in F because we bought F. I later talked to one of the GSs at baggage claim and asked her how things were working out on UGs. She said that, as an IAH flyer, she has about a 30% UG rate using PPs, but that hub-to-hub was really hard. She said that she only ever gets CPUs on short haul.
I am more intrigued that both yourself and the GS were checking in bags from IAH to DEN...
Elola likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 6:52 pm

Programs: United 1k, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador and LT-Gold
Ski’s no doubt
Old Aug 27, 2022, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by ani90
I am more intrigued that both yourself and the GS were checking in bags from IAH to DEN...
I always travel with around 200 lbs of business material, so I have no choice but to check 3 bags on every business flight. The GS had only one checked bag and no carry-on.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 8:46 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
since reaching 1K in June, I'm 11-26 so far.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 7:20 am

Programs: 1K
Got a freebie on SBA->SFO on a Saturday on an award ticket. I was the only upgrade on a 12 seat E175. I guess the $419 TOD was even too much for mom and dad to fly their UCSB kiddos home.
hsawaknow likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
1K and plus points work again with upgrades from O to PZ EWR-SFO for tomorrow's flight for the two of us. I have yet to fly in P+ because we either get upgraded or it disappears.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 8MiHi
1K and plus points work again with upgrades from O to PZ EWR-SFO for tomorrow's flight for the two of us. I have yet to fly in P+ because we either get upgraded or it disappears.
"it disappears" meaning an aircraft swap without P+/PP?

David
Old Sep 6, 2022, 2:18 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I checked in at ABQ yesterday and the very friendly check in agent thanked me for being 1K and said that without people like me there wouldn't be an airline. I was touched.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold
Flew BNE-SFO last night. I was thanked for being a 1K at the check-in desk and then in Polaris the purser was asking everyone for their first and second choice for dinner. Except for me! He said first choice only because I'm one of the few 1Ks on board. Wow. They also didn't forget the 1Ks at pre-boarding. I'm impressed.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 9:41 am

I had a domestic flight earlier this month where I was in the last row of first. The FA took everyone's order and then came back to tell everyone around me (but not me) in the last two rows that their first choice (chicken) was not available and confirming they'd be okay with the other option. Didn't say anything to me about 1K's getting prioritized but when the meals came, everyone around me in the last two rows got the veggie option and I got chicken, which was a little awkward, haha.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 9:56 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by Clemson
Didn't say anything to me about 1K's getting prioritized but when the meals came, everyone around me in the last two rows got the veggie option and I got chicken, which was a little awkward, haha.
Officially this is how it is supposed to work despite many reports of other service flows. Kudos to this crew for doing it right.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.