Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2021, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Lounge access at LAX

Which lounge(s) can I use if I have Mileage Plus *A Gold when transferring from an international flight to a domestic flight? Would it only be United Club or Star Alliance Lounge and Polaris lounge (currently closed) also?
Also what if I don’t have any status but has an international First/Business class ticket when transferring to domestic?

Thanks!
Old Oct 18, 2021, 4:32 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Departing International Business class ticket will qualify you for access to UC, to *A TBIT and when it re-opens (if it does) the LAX PL (But not short-haul international, such as Mexico, Central America, Canada, ...).

Arriving International (if not UA operated) will get you none unless you have *G status. If arriving international on UA, you will have T7 UC access. *G will get you into UA or *A on arrival

Thru a bit of an oddity, arriving NZ may have access to *A lounge as NZ is the "lounge operator"

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 18, 2021 at 5:17 pm Reason: NZ
Old Oct 18, 2021, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K
The AC Maple Leaf Lounge in T6 reopened so you can also do that
Guate87 likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 4:56 pm

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by kevflyer
The AC Maple Leaf Lounge in T6 reopened so you can also do that
Unless arriving on AC or having status, OP would not have access.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
I think only half the question has been answered. The rules are completely different if you have *A Gold status as the *first* question asked.

If you indeed are *G then you can access ANY lounge at LAX (Polaris possibly excluded for same reasons noted above) including the UA Club and AC Maple Leaf Lounge (if open). *A TBIT might be a problem because I think you can only access it if you clear security and re-enter TBIT after going through immigration. I don't know the terminal access rules and the LAX layout all that well to confirm this one. Someone else who is LAX-based or transits LAX more frequently will know.

-RM
Old Oct 18, 2021, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
I will be flying on NH First but has no *A Gold from any airlines. Though I was thinking of status matching to UA Gold. So I was curious if I could access to Star Alliance Lounges (both First and Business) and/or just United Club.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by lAzyTraveler
I will be flying on NH First but has no *A Gold from any airlines. Though I was thinking of status matching to UA Gold. So I was curious if I could access to Star Alliance Lounges (both First and Business) and/or just United Club.
*G does get you in
BUT matched UA status could be an issue, NH might recognize the UA status (UA does not release to the *A system during the match period), sometimes works, sometimes does -- best if on a UA ticket or accessing UC.
and the status match is a once in 5-year thing, might not be the best choice just to get one-time lounge access.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 5:27 pm
m.y

Programs: AC 75k, Marriott Titanium
You wouldn't have access to the *A lounge because you'd need a departing boarding pass in International Business or First OR have *A Gold status. No access to United Club either unless you flew in on UA Polaris OR have *A gold status from airline other than UA, OR your connecting flight is Business class on Premium Transcontinental to EWR/JFK.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 5:34 pm

The complexity of this is what drives people crazy
Originally Posted by m.y
No access to United Club either unless you flew in on UA Polaris OR have *A gold status from airline other than UA, ...
On international itin, UA *G works (including the challenge status period)

Originally Posted by m.y
OR your connecting flight is Business class on Premium Transcontinental to EWR/JFK.
And I missed that one
m.y likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
*G does get you in
Does having an inbound NH First Class ticket with *A Gold status let me access to *A First Lounge, as well?
Old Oct 18, 2021, 5:38 pm

Does having an inbound NH First Class ticket with *A Gold status let me access to *A First Lounge, as well?
No
If you can get the challenge status to work, you only enter is based on *G.
At least per the rules, *A First access is based on your departure flight, not arrival. Now will the agents allow access, maybe but outside the rules.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 5:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
*A F lounge at LAX is not worth the effort (and currently closed).
Old Oct 18, 2021, 5:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kacee
*A F lounge at LAX is not worth the effort (and currently closed).
It's open now.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 6:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
It's open now.
J is open. The most recent report I saw said F was closed.

In any event, F has never been particularly impressive. When I've had access, I've spent my time in J, as the space is much nicer.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

I will probably have 5 hours at LAX and I like *A lounges better than United Clubs except the Polaris but is currently closed. Status match just for one time lounge access is a waste (I know). Would it be better to buy a 1 day UA club pass over the status match?

Seems like the Centurion Lounge is still closed and Korean Lounge is closed (although I saw some people setting in the patio last time I was at LAX.) Weird but priority pass shows it's closed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.