Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

BOS-SFO was PS, was Business, now First, UC no/yes?, service levels? summer no 752s

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BOS-SFO was PS, was Business, now First, UC no/yes?, service levels? summer no 752s

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2023, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
"Elevated service" on any UA route is currently a dubious concept in any event.
over a regular domestic flight . My BOS-SFO flight 2 weeks ago had an amenity kit and a pre-arrival snack; neither are SOP for domestic front cabin
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
I believe the current branding is "Premium Transcontinental Service." (Scroll down -- SFO-BOS is still listed as it had been all through the pandemic when 737s were running.). I talked to a GS agent in BOS about this a few weeks ago, and other than returning the 757-200s to the route, she had heard of no other changes.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
"Elevated service" on any UA route is currently a dubious concept in any event.
Agreed. Ironically, United First inflight service is often better than transcon premium, with more attentive FAs, maybe due to the smaller cabin. Both still inferior stuff, in comparison to other domestic competitors.
Kacee likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, JetBlue Mosaic
I just want PS or more consistent lie-flats to come back to BOS-LAX. I'm surprised that United doesn't want to compete with Delta One or JetBlue Mint on this route.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JALsnipe
I just want PS or more consistent lie-flats to come back to BOS-LAX. I'm surprised that United doesn't want to compete with Delta One or JetBlue Mint on this route.
1 752 currently BOS-LAX.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 4:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by cfischer
My BOS-SFO flight 2 weeks ago had an amenity kit and a pre-arrival snack; neither are SOP for domestic front cabin
UA t-con "amenity kit": a selection of low quality crap I don't need or want
UA pre-arrival "snack": one more tray of cheap, low-quality food I'm not going to eat unless I'm totally desperate.
Originally Posted by JALsnipe
UA can't really compete on soft product with either carrier. They can compete on schedule, and they also have a bunch of SFO captives who will choose UA based on either a corporate contract or MP status.
SPN Lifer and EWR764 like this.

Last edited by Kacee; Jan 22, 2023 at 4:19 pm
Old Jan 22, 2023, 4:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
UA t-con "amenity kit": a selection of low quality crap I don't need or want
However, the local womens' shelters love them.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by wxguy
I believe the current branding is "Premium Transcontinental Service." (Scroll down -- SFO-BOS is still listed as it had been all through the pandemic when 737s were running.). I talked to a GS agent in BOS about this a few weeks ago, and other than returning the 757-200s to the route, she had heard of no other changes.
Interesting. That seems to be one of the few places that still lists BOS as being included. In the UC access rules it specifically only lists SFO/LAX-EWR. https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...20Learn%20more
Old Jan 23, 2023, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by adambadam
Interesting. That seems to be one of the few places that still lists BOS as being included. In the UC access rules it specifically only lists SFO/LAX-EWR. https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...20Learn%20more
So is this route currently CPU eligible?
Old Jan 23, 2023, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by nomad420

According to an upcoming itinerary I have, it notes that it is cpu eligible. Time will tell if that’s actually the case and not an error.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by freeagent
According to an upcoming itinerary I have, it notes that it is cpu eligible. Time will tell if that’s actually the case and not an error.
The route is CPU eligible.

Given the paucity of "J" seats and their quality, not sure that a CPU will get much more than an older generation lie flat for a 752 or the titlting/wider 73X seats.

David
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nomad420
Originally Posted by freeagent
outside of ultra-low demand days +Ps don't clear BOS-SFO, let alone CPU.

Recently on a Saturday on a W fare my wife was #18 on the UG list with +Ps waitlisted ... for a 73M ...
SPN Lifer and nomad420 like this.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 5:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cfischer
outside of ultra-low demand days +Ps don't clear BOS-SFO, let alone CPU.

Recently on a Saturday on a W fare my wife was #18 on the UG list with +Ps waitlisted ... for a 73M ...
Yeah, can't imagine going down to 16 seats only will help either.
Old Apr 10, 2023, 11:46 pm

Programs: None yet
As of 04/10/2023, United has "fixed" the inconsistencies. SFO <-> BOS flights only have regular "United First", despite all of them offer lie-flat seats. It may also mean that UC access is removed.

Last edited by moyang_mm; Apr 11, 2023 at 11:58 am Reason: typo
Old Apr 11, 2023, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moyang_mm
As of 04/10/2023, United has "fixed" the inconsistencies. SFO <-> BOS flights only have regular "United First", despite all of them offer lie-flat seats. It may also mean that UA access is removed.
not all flights are 752 on the BOS-SFO route. There are still some 73Ms ...

I doubt they removed Club access, but will be interesting to hear reports.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.