Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

BOS-SFO was PS, was Business, now First, UC no/yes?, service levels? summer no 752s

BOS-SFO was PS, was Business, now First, UC no/yes?, service levels? summer no 752s

Old Jan 30, 2022, 11:10 am
  #91  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BOS/EAP
Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Posts: 31,945
Originally Posted by moyang_mm
Is this still the case as of today (Jan 2022)? Is there pre-arrival snack served like EWR-SFO?
yes it is. Not as of January ... but in December it was. I don't expect that to change.
cfischer is offline  
Old Feb 7, 2022, 12:24 am
  #92  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Programs: None yet
Posts: 79
pre-flight meal selection

Received an email about pre-flight meal selection for my SFO-BOS redeye.




Looks like it is regular domestic first meal, not premium transcon meal I had in 2021.

It will be the second day that UA739 redeye switches to 737-9 from 752

Also very curious about the last three alternative options: eat in the UC, dont eat, and go directly to sleep, arent they all the same?
moyang_mm is offline  
Old Feb 7, 2022, 12:51 am
  #93  
Moderator: United Airlines
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SFO
Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Posts: 66,725
Originally Posted by moyang_mm
Received an email about pre-flight meal selection for my SFO-BOS redeye.
...
Looks like it is regular domestic first meal, not premium transcon meal I had in 2021.

....
SFO-BOS is no longer a premium transcon route
WineCountryUA is offline  
Old Feb 7, 2022, 1:23 am
  #94  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Programs: None yet
Posts: 79
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
SFO-BOS is no longer a premium transcon route
Correct, but it was catered as a premium transcon. See post #7.

Also as of today (Feb 2022) it is still sold as Business, not First. Presumably it still grants UC access?
moyang_mm is offline  
Old Feb 7, 2022, 8:31 am
  #95  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: MSP
Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Posts: 14,375
Originally Posted by moyang_mm
Also as of today (Feb 2022) it is still sold as Business, not First. Presumably it still grants UC access?
So far, it has, yes.
findark is offline  
Old May 1, 2022, 4:41 pm
  #96  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: SFO
Programs: UA Premier Gold
Posts: 151
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
SFO-BOS is no longer a premium transcon route
I just priced out a flight SFO-BOS for economy with using an Mileage Plus Upgrade Award to get up to First Class and it showed a cost in miles and a co-pay even though all flights on the day I searched are scheduled in 737 MAX 9 equipment. Lol. I'll pass even if I get lounge access.
misterfuss is offline  
Old May 1, 2022, 6:24 pm
  #97  
Moderator: United Airlines
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SFO
Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Posts: 66,725
Originally Posted by misterfuss
I just priced out a flight SFO-BOS for economy with using an Mileage Plus Upgrade Award to get up to First Class and it showed a cost in miles and a co-pay even though all flights on the day I searched are scheduled in 737 MAX 9 equipment. Lol. I'll pass even if I get lounge access.
Yeap, not longer listed as PremiumTranscon and not lie flat but oddly other "features" still in place; not CPU, copay for elites, UC access, ....
WineCountryUA is offline  
Old May 17, 2022, 9:09 pm
  #98  
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Posts: 141
Unless something has changed recently I'm pretty sure bos-sfo is still CPU eligible.
Shaetan is offline  
Old May 17, 2022, 9:20 pm
  #99  
Moderator: United Airlines
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SFO
Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Posts: 66,725
Originally Posted by Shaetan
Unless something has changed recently I'm pretty sure bos-sfo is still CPU eligible.
It was not late last year but it may have changed since I last flew.
WineCountryUA is offline  
Old May 17, 2022, 9:36 pm
  #100  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: BOS, PVG
Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Posts: 10,000
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
It was not late last year but it may have changed since I last flew.
Yes, it's CPU route.

One of the hardest route to clear upgrade, even if you use PP.
kb1992 is offline  
Old May 18, 2022, 1:09 am
  #101  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Posts: 19,851
Originally Posted by kb1992
Yes, it's CPU route.

One of the hardest route to clear upgrade, even if you use PP.
Huge demand? No lie-flat seats on this route?
lsquare is offline  
Old May 18, 2022, 1:11 am
  #102  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: BOS, PVG
Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Posts: 10,000
Originally Posted by lsquare
Huge demand? No lie-flat seats on this route?
Low P fares vs EWR/SFO.

High demand.

Lots of elites.
SPN Lifer and lsquare like this.
kb1992 is offline  
Old May 18, 2022, 7:38 am
  #103  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 97
I'm 1k and have to travel to SFO in a few weeks. My corporate system wont let me transit through IAD or EWR as the fares are almost double to be on a connection with a lie flat seat. Just a data point.
goduke7 is offline  
Old May 18, 2022, 10:12 am
  #104  
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: HPN, LAX, HNL, or somewhere in between
Programs: UA 1K, JetBlue Mosaic
Posts: 435
Originally Posted by goduke7
I'm 1k and have to travel to SFO in a few weeks. My corporate system wont let me transit through IAD or EWR as the fares are almost double to be on a connection with a lie flat seat. Just a data point.
I'm seeing a lot of BOS-SFO direct flights at J9 C0 towards the end of July. You can fly BOS-IAD-SFO for cheaper in C or lower but you won't get a lie flat on the 753 from DC for the long segment.
JALsnipe is offline  
Old May 18, 2022, 5:10 pm
  #105  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: BOS, PVG
Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Posts: 10,000
Originally Posted by goduke7
I'm 1k and have to travel to SFO in a few weeks. My corporate system wont let me transit through IAD or EWR as the fares are almost double to be on a connection with a lie flat seat. Just a data point.
Originally Posted by JALsnipe
I'm seeing a lot of BOS-SFO direct flights at J9 C0 towards the end of July. You can fly BOS-IAD-SFO for cheaper in C or lower but you won't get a lie flat on the 753 from DC for the long segment.
I don't like to sit in 737 or 753 for 6+ hour flight BOS-SFO. Always try to connect via EWR.

Sometimes, buy $180 ticket and get upgrade cleared
lsquare likes this.
kb1992 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.