Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Enters into Interline Agreement with Mokulele Airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Enters into Interline Agreement with Mokulele Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2021, 2:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ual744777sta
Were you on a single ticket or separate ticket?
Separate. UA didn't have any codeshare inventory left to sell even though the plane wasn't full, so the Mokulele route was purchased separate.
ual744777sta likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by Weatherboy
Separate. UA didn't have any codeshare inventory left to sell even though the plane wasn't full, so the Mokulele route was purchased separate.
Oh nice, I'm glad they did that as technically UA doesn't check bags to non-*A partners on separate tickets.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 9:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Weatherboy
That seems odd. Interlining doesn't require either that the carriers use codeshares nor that the passenger is ticketed with a codeshare, even if it is available. When you purchased the tickets, did you try to call UA and ask that everything be put on the same ticket/PNR?
lincolnjkc likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 10:22 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by COSPILOT
Helps me as West Maui is always my destination/departure. That said, those small airplanes don’t like someone like me with three 70 lbs bags, which means OGG non stop is still more practical.
Ha - flew those Grand Caravans on an African safari . . . we were limited to 20 lb bags plus a backpack/"carryon" (camera bag for me). Of course, they had to keep room for the liquor supplies to the camps.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
Couple of things I’d love to hear confirmations
/ experiences on:

- Apparently when going from UA > Mokulele the bags are transferred directly, but on the return Mokulele > UA you have to collect your bags in either HNL / OGG, do agricultural, then re-check with UA at the counters. Seems about right, but a pain … has anyone experienced this?

- When booked on one interline ticket, even with the recheck scenario above, what checked baggage allowance do you receive when checking in with Mokulele? I watched another passenger argue that United gave him three checked bags, but Mokulele wanted to charge for each bag.

Thanks much.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by greenpau
/ experiences on:

- Apparently when going from UA > Mokulele the bags are transferred directly, but on the return Mokulele > UA you have to collect your bags in either HNL / OGG, do agricultural, then re-check with UA at the counters. Seems about right, but a pain … has anyone experienced this?

- When booked on one interline ticket, even with the recheck scenario above, what checked baggage allowance do you receive when checking in with Mokulele? I watched another passenger argue that United gave him three checked bags, but Mokulele wanted to charge for each bag.

Thanks much.
if you check in with a partner airline then partner airline rules apply for bags. No such thing as *G on Mokulele, same with HA. UA tends to print that currently on tickets.
jsloan likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Per the DOT, you will receive the standard allowance for the carrier who markets the first segment (likely UA). That is, zero free bags.

What happens is, UA will waive the charges for Premier members, but they're still part of the ticket; they're just not collected. Mokulele is under no obligation to waive them as well, and they will not.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
/ experiences on:

Thanks much.
Yes, you will have to pick up bags and tote to UA. The reason is because bags checked in w/ Mokulele are not security-screened by TSA as the aircraft are small enough to avoid that requirement. The bags are also not subject to ag screenings before Mokulele takes them. You'll get the UA-defined bag fees, but no waivers for status at Mokulele. As for the 3-bag argument you've overheard - a possibility is that a lot of vacationers do not understand that frequent flier status bag waivers do not carry to partner airlines - they see "3 free bags" for their UA check-in and assume its the same on way back at Hawaiian or Mokulele counters.
jsloan and SPN Lifer like this.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Jun 5, 2022 at 8:39 pm
Old Jun 16, 2022, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
/ experiences on:

Thanks much.
I was thinking I should have booked my Mokulele connection on one ticket but after seeing these questions I have fewer regrets. We normally don't check bags but Mokulele has strict carry-on limits so I guess we have no choice. Looks like this is a profit center for them as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.