Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Access to LH Lounge LHR T2 for UA J class + *G

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2021, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

Hello-

If I'm transiting from TK J class to UA J class at LHR it looks like the only *A lounge open is LH.
Are they accepting UA business class / Star Gold customers?

It also seems like with my Priority Pass I could use the Plaza Premium.

Thanks.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA LT GS | UA LT Club | Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by chuck1
Hello-

If I'm transiting from TK J class to UA J class at LHR it looks like the only *A lounge open is LH.

It also seems like with my Priority Pass I could use the Plaza Premium.

Thanks.

Don't know, but LH lounge is a far walk from the UA gates.

Air Canada lounge is listed as open in the UA app and is closer to the UA gates. It also has a better food spread than LH in my opinion (pre-Covid at least).

Plaza Premium is punching out of the Priority Pass program -- although not sure when exactly.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 8:25 pm
Suspended

Location: United States (mostly), New Zealand (sometimes), Sweden (now and then)
Originally Posted by spartacusmcfly
Air Canada lounge is listed as open in the UA app and is closer to the UA gates.

It’s closed according to both the Air Canada and Star Alliance Lounge Finder web pages.

Last edited by DrinkSlinger; Jun 5, 2021 at 8:32 pm
Old Jun 5, 2021, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Hello-

No reason to think otherwise. Entry is allowed with either *A business class ticket or *G status in any cabin of flight operated by *A member.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 9:41 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the update. If TK is a 777 it will arrive at the T2 satellite pier but won't I have to walk back to the main section of T2 to clear flight connections and that will be where the Plaza Premium and LH Lounges are located?
It looks like Plaza Premium will have certain lounges off Priority Pass on July 1, 2021.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Thanks for the update. If TK is a 777 it will arrive at the T2 satellite pier but won't I have to walk back to the main section of T2 to clear flight connections and that will be where the Plaza Premium and LH Lounges are located?
It looks like Plaza Premium will have certain lounges off Priority Pass on July 1, 2021.
be ready to walk back to get to your connection ... always been that way for me at LHR. Use the LH lounge ... it's nice.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
Food selection is slightly better, especially in the mornings, at the Plaza Premium lounge. The thing about this lounge is the consistency in the opening times and offering - been the same throughout Covid, whereas the LH lounge has varied opening hours and service a lot.

It will be out of Priority Pass as of July 1, so now may be the time if you want to check it out!
Old Jun 6, 2021, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by greenpau
It will be out of Priority Pass as of July 1, so now may be the time if you want to check it out!
not sure how the OP has PP, but they should still be accepting Amex Plat ... not seen any announcements that Amex is ending the Plaza Premium relationship
Old Jun 6, 2021, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
At the LHR T2 Plaza Premium last week there was no Priority Pass signage, but clear Amex Platinum signage, FWIW. I went in on the Amex. The LH lounge was closed and they claimed not to know when they'd be re-opening.
SPN Lifer and WindowSeatFlyer like this.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by cricketer
At the LHR T2 Plaza Premium last week there was no Priority Pass signage, but clear Amex Platinum signage, FWIW. I went in on the Amex. The LH lounge was closed and they claimed not to know when they'd be re-opening.
Interesting, I had thought AMEX Plat got you AMEX lounges and PP membership, but not bespoke access to non-AMEX lounges outside of PP. Good to know!
Old Jun 7, 2021, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by st530
Interesting, I had thought AMEX Plat got you AMEX lounges and PP membership, but not bespoke access to non-AMEX lounges outside of PP. Good to know!
not to take this thread off-topic, but there are several lounges outside of PP and Amex lounges which you can access.
SPN Lifer and st530 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.