Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Bedding on non-premium transcon domestic wide bodies?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2021, 11:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam

Do the wide-body transcon domestic flights in F have a pillow and/or other bedding? For example, SFO IAD SFO?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 6, 2021 at 11:59 pm Reason: repaired title
Old Apr 6, 2021, 11:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SFO_FT
Do the wide-body transcon domestic flights in F have a pillow and/or other bedding? For example, SFO IAD SFO?
If you're lucky, you'll get a Saks pillow and day blanket, but they are not guaranteed outside of the PS routes to/from NYC. I did not receive either on a LAX-IAD 788 RT last summer.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 12:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Didn't get either one on a recent IAD-SFO on the 788.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Originally Posted by econ
That was also my experience on an IAD-SFO high-J 763 two Sundays ago.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hilton Diamond
Nope.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 9:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, B9, AA, DL, WN
I've flown this route/equipment about 8 times in the last year. Standard domestic First, so the answer is no. You won't even get the thin blanket unless you ask (again, standard First IME).
Old Apr 8, 2021, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Was on a transcon (non-ps) 788 true Polaris some time ago: just the thin blue "blankette" as in standard domestic F was provided, no pillow.
It really took away from the otherwise great lie-flat seat.experience.
higher_flyer likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
No, not a practice of UA after the merger, only PMUA did that
Old Apr 8, 2021, 9:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Another datapoint: I flew SFO-IAD earlier this week on the 763. Thin blanket was available at all F seats, but no pillow. The only domestic widebodies current getting the better bedding (thicker blanket/duvet, regular pillow, and gel pillow) are those operating the premium transcons (JFK/EWR-LAX/SFO).

-FlyerBeek
Old Apr 10, 2021, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Your coat (or other outer garment you brought) as a blanket and your backpack (or other soft carry-on item) as a pillow.
traveling bijorn likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
...The only domestic widebodies current getting the better bedding (thicker blanket/duvet, regular pillow, and gel pillow) are those operating the premium transcons (JFK/EWR-LAX/SFO)...
All the lie-flats (incl. 752s) to/from Hawaii (even to/from west coast) get pillow and duvet. Hawaii is domestic.

I think all coat-to-coast lie-flats should get same treatment.

At a minimum, equip all red-eye lie-flats, from Hawaii and West coast. Maybe it's an issue of getting the pillows and blankets back to west.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Apr 10, 2021 at 9:12 pm
Old Apr 10, 2021, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by econ
didn’t get one the other direction on a 777 in Dec. ‘19. They had the thin blankets on request only, and when my wife asked for a pillow, she suggested taking another blanket and bunching it up to make one.

definitely a change from the good ‘ol days. Cant remember when, but probably either not too long before the merger or not too long after, I was on a 2-4-2 configured 777 SFO-ORD, and there was bedding provided (definitely well pre-saks, though).
Old Apr 11, 2021, 4:54 pm

Does UA offer pillows and blankets on HNL-EWR in economy? I am flying it next week. Thanks

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 11, 2021 at 6:26 pm Reason: moved to ongoing discussion
Old Apr 12, 2021, 12:05 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by Bear96
Your coat (or other outer garment you brought) as a blanket and your backpack (or other soft carry-on item) as a pillow.
You don't know how many times I've done that - both on and off of planes. 😁😁
Old Apr 12, 2021, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Miked3016
Does UA offer pillows and blankets on HNL-EWR in economy? I am flying it next week. Thanks
Absolutely not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.