Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Announces BOS-LHR (started 14 April 2022) (ending 27 Oct 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Announces BOS-LHR (started 14 April 2022) (ending 27 Oct 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2021, 10:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TrueBlue, IHG Plat Amb, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Platinum, National Exec Elite
With the UK opening to vaccinated Americans on August 2nd, I wonder if UA will ever launch this flight...no mention of it in their social media marketing ads...
Old Dec 28, 2021, 11:37 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
This flight is currently showing a launch date in late March 2022, coinciding with the start of the IATA summer 2022 schedule. Any bets on whether this will actually launch as scheduled?
Old Dec 28, 2021, 11:40 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by dkc192
This flight is currently showing a launch date in late March 2022, coinciding with the start of the IATA summer 2022 schedule. Any bets on whether this will actually launch as scheduled?
Probably. But, with LHR slot waiver extensions through the entire IATA summer schedule, I am ever-so-slightly less confident that United's ambitious LHR schedule will actually fully operate as originally conceived.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by dkc192
FWIW, I flew AA's LHR-BOS 772 last week, and it was full in all cabins. The service in J was terrific, though the seat not as good as Polaris.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by EWR764
Probably. But, with LHR slot waiver extensions through the entire IATA summer schedule, I am ever-so-slightly less confident that United's ambitious LHR schedule will actually fully operate as originally conceived.
I think it will happen. Without going into OMNI land too much, it seems like the seasonality of COVID means summer 2022 will be a generally fine time to travel to Europe.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 7:46 am

LHR connection - BOS-LHR-LIS -- Schedule change / MCT issue

Good morning,

I booked a valid PNR BOS-LHR-LIS on UA then TAP for September. UA changed the first leg so from a 70-min connection to a 45-min connection in LHR (now unbookable). I really want to keep the PNR, but am worried about the connecting time. It appears the inbound and outbound flights are all in T2. Am I a fool thinking I can make it?

I’ve got global entry and Premier plat. but that will not do any good.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 7:57 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Unless you arrive early there is virtually no chance you will make this. I’m purée your sure it’s not even a legal connection. If you booked this with UA call them and have yourself put on a later flight to LIS. This is one ticket, right?
TXJeepGuy likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Unless you arrive early there is virtually no chance you will make this. I’m purée your sure it’s not even a legal connection. If you booked this with UA call them and have yourself put on a later flight to LIS. This is one ticket, right?
It's one ticket, booked through United.

UA doesn't show a valid ticket option unless there's a 7 hour layover, but TAP does have another flight. I'll have to call.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 8:18 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by LouieBOS
It's one ticket, booked through United.

UA doesn't show a valid ticket option unless there's a 7 hour layover, but TAP does have another flight. I'll have to call.
I don’t understand what you mean by this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Arriving early into LHR is very common but I wouldn't risk a connection on it. I'm guessing that, by September, TAP will have added a few more flights into the schedule, and T2 might be busier, so progress through the terminal (which is incredibly fast at the moment) will be at a more normal pace. Arriving the other day, with bags to collect, had me third off the plane and out of the airport within 12 minutes - straight through the machines and bags already waiting for me. Sadly, that won't continue.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 9:35 am

Programs: United Gold
my first thought is to not act immediately. you have like 8 months.

I suspect there will be multiple schedule changes before then, including maybe by UA. doesnt mean ignore it until August. But I wouldn't rush to change something now when its entirely possible the United flight time is going to move (I know LHR isnt necessarily a great place to hope for that as it will get busier by then and flexibility would decrease).
Old Feb 7, 2022, 11:39 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Good morning,

I booked a valid PNR BOS-LHR-LIS on UA then TAP for September. UA changed the first leg so from a 70-min connection to a 45-min connection in LHR (now unbookable). I really want to keep the PNR, but am worried about the connecting time. ....
An 1hr is the MCT for a LHR term 2 to term 2 connection. Your present ticket is invalid and UA will not allow you to check-in with an invalid MCT. During schedule changes invalid MCTs can arise but the ticket must be changed before travel will be possible.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by hscottm
my first thought is to not act immediately. you have like 8 months.

I suspect there will be multiple schedule changes before then, including maybe by UA. doesnt mean ignore it until August. But I wouldn't rush to change something now when its entirely possible the United flight time is going to move (I know LHR isnt necessarily a great place to hope for that as it will get busier by then and flexibility would decrease).
Premier desk advised me of the same. There is an earlier connection but it's very expensive to change it right now.

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
An 1hr is the MCT for a LHR term 2 to term 2 connection. Your present ticket is invalid and UA will not allow you to check-in with an invalid MCT. During schedule changes invalid MCTs can arise but the ticket must be changed before travel will be possible.
The agent did NOT tell me my ticket was invalid, but did offer to re-route.

I am 'letting it ride' (Agent's words) to see what happens. The BOS-LHR is a new route and I'm almost positive there will be another schedule change. It's currently a very late departure (23:00 ET).
Old Feb 7, 2022, 1:54 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
... The agent did NOT tell me my ticket was invalid, ....
But it is, that is why it is "(now unbookable)"

..I am 'letting it ride' ...
for now, that is not a bad strategy -- more changes are likely but don't try to travel with the ticket as it is now
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 5:26 am

Programs: UA GS, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by EWR764
I've heard nothing about a UA application for any of the remedy slots, and as far as I know, a decision hasn't yet been rendered on allocation of the 2 LHR-BOS slots. Last I read, it was only B6 and DL applying.

The uncertain start date, lack of a public application and somwhat-surprising announcement suggests to me this is just a deployment of one of UA's own slots. Now that Norwegian is exiting TATL (they held the other 2010 remedy slot with DL), it's almost a fait accompli that B6 will get at least one of the remedy slot pairs, so UA appears to be preempting JetBlue in this market as part of a broader competitive attack.
The take-off landing slot for BOS-LHR was a BA/AA remedy slot that UA bid on.

"Only one of the Boston – London slots was unused in 2020. In order to offload it, the UK government invited tenders for consideration and later awarded the daily slot to United Airlines." https://simpleflying.com/british-air...ion-authority/

"
United Airlines took advantage of one of the London-Boston slots, announcing plans to launch Heathrow flights in February 2021 ..." https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...es-until-2026/

"
In February 2021, it accepted a slot release agreement awarding United Airlines daily slots for services from London to Boston for six IATA seasons from March 2021 through March 2024." https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/n...tarting-in-s22

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.