Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

COVID test for Canada, how will UA check this? Any test sites working with UA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2021, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS

I am flying on January 10th, has anyone received instructions from UA for testing according to the new rules?
Old Jan 5, 2021, 8:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...th-advice.html

COVID-19 testing required for people flying into Canada Starting 11:59 pm (EST) January 6, 2021, air travellers 5 years of age or older will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 molecular test result to the airline prior to boarding international flights bound for Canada. See the news release for air travellers.

Old Jan 5, 2021, 9:10 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
The important paragraph of the news releaseocumentation of a negative laboratory test result must be presented to the airline prior to boarding a flight to Canada. The test must be performed using a COVID-19 molecular polymerase chain reaction (or PCR) test and must be taken within 72 hours prior to the traveller’s scheduled departure to Canada.

Anyone who receives a negative test result and is authorized to enter Canada must still complete the full, mandatory 14-day quarantine.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by Kmxu
The important paragraph of the news releaseocumentation of a negative laboratory test result must be presented to the airline prior to boarding a flight to Canada. The test must be performed using a COVID-19 molecular polymerase chain reaction (or PCR) test and must be taken within 72 hours prior to the traveller’s scheduled departure to Canada.

Anyone who receives a negative test result and is authorized to enter Canada must still complete the full, mandatory 14-day quarantine.
fortunately not for Alberta, but basically 3 COVID tests for the price of one. My question could have been clearer, wanted to know what UAs process will be for checking these and if the Hawaii test arrangement at the airports can be utilized?
Old Jan 5, 2021, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Plane-is-home
fortunately not for Alberta, but basically 3 COVID tests for the price of one. My question could have been clearer, wanted to know what UAs process will be for checking these and if the Hawaii test arrangement at the airports can be utilized?
If you're referring to the Color test at SFO, at this time only Hawaii-bound flight pax are eligible:

Which destinations are eligible for this test?

Outbound flights from San Francisco International Airport to the following participating airports in Hawai’i are currently eligible:
  • Daniel K. Inouye / Honolulu International Airport (HNL)
  • Kahului Airport (OGG)
  • Kona International Airport (KOA)
  • Lihue Airport (LIH)
https://www.color.com/united-airlines-testing-program

Last edited by kevflyer; Jan 5, 2021 at 12:52 pm
Old Jan 5, 2021, 12:46 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by kevflyer
If you're referring to the Color test at SFO, only Hawaii-bound flight pax are eligible: ....
Probably should give it a couple of days before drawing conclusions but Hawaii program has not been accessible for other destination requiring COVID PCR testing.

Canada as a destination is a major route for UA but I suspect the airlines would prefer someone else make these test easier to obtain.
Often1, kevflyer and nexus7556 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.