Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy P or coach?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2020, 10:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
Buy P or coach?

BOG to LAS this weekend. P is $490 and coach is $350. I’m stopping over In Denver. I also plan to use SDC and go to SFO. Then LAS a bit later.

Now BOG to IAH is upgradable with PP The others waitlist I’m a 1K. Should I fork over the extra $140 for P or use PP and go with the cheap ticket. Sadly P does zero for status etc these days.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 11:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Domestic UG with PPs has been nearly impossible for me as a 1K this year, so your domestic leg(s) will probably be in coach. I would take the sure thing, especially since it's only $140-.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 4:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Agree that the $140 premium is definitely worth it, especially as it seems like it will get you several legs confirmed up front.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
Went with P for sure. Flights are full at check in Allows me to change my
stopover from den to Aspen 😂 might be a nice leisurely drive. I wanted to make use of pp, and save the 140 as it does zero for my status etc but I think the higher class gives me more flexibility. Also confirmed F all the way. Not a horrible fare Colombia to the West Coast.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 11:08 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ryan754
Allows me to change my stopover from den to Aspen 😂 might be a nice leisurely drive.
Anyone who thinks that DEN-ASE is a nice leisurely drive, particularly on a winter weekend, hasn't driven DEN-ASE...

But, you definitely made the right choice with the P fare!
VRFast and cawhite like this.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 6:53 pm

Definitely the P fare. PlusPoints have been difficult to use the past few months.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 8:11 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SFO_LOW_CLOUDS
Definitely the P fare. PlusPoints have been difficult to use the past few months.
The OP specifically stated
Originally Posted by ryan754
BOG to LAS this weekend... Now BOG to IAH is upgradable with PP The others waitlist .
Old Dec 6, 2020, 8:58 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Definitely P

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.