Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Personal Device Entertainment issues on 757?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2020, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards

Wanted to see if anyone else had experienced this.

I flew IAH to LAX and back last week, was on a 757 both ways (may have been the same plane).

On both flights I had a ton of issues with PDE. I could start a movie, watch maybe 5-10 minutes, then the sound would continue a minute or so without the picture, then it would stop. This was on both my Iphone with the up to date United app and on my laptop. Unitedwifi.com would connect maybe 1 in 10 tries.

Wanted to see if anyone else had experienced this recently. First flights in a while so I was surprised as I've never had issues with PDE in the past.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 2:06 pm

Programs: United Gold
Haven’t been on a 757 for a while but I think their IFEs are the oldest in the fleet.. pretty wacky
Old Oct 26, 2020, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Had the same issue flying IAD-DEN on a 757 a few weeks ago. Can't remember if it was a temporary glitch or not also can't recall if I had the issue on that route when flying the 737.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 7:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by TomMM
Had the same issue flying IAD-DEN on a 757 a few weeks ago. Can't remember if it was a temporary glitch or not also can't recall if I had the issue on that route when flying the 737.
My first thought was it was my device, since I hadn't flown in a while maybe the app wasn't up to date.

After trying the laptop and having it happen on more than one flight made me think it was either aircraft type or a system issue.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 9:01 am

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
I’ve been on two 753s in the last week. No PDE issues on either.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 10:12 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Had an issue on a 737, where if you were able to get a movie or show started, it would keep playing. However, if you close the screen and try to pick another movie, it would not connect for the rest of the flight. Wi-fi was also wonky.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.