Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

1K Wireless Charging Pad Instructions & Info

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2020, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

I'm curious if anyone has the instructions that came with the wireless pad for 1k this year? I have a few of the pads laying around and I'm not sure what the colored lights do - something odd is happening where the blue light "breaths" all night when I try to charge my iPhone and I'm trying to figure out what's going on. Unfortunately I don't have the original packaging; the Hongkoo site is entirely offline; and the 1K phone folks weren't helpful (duh - to be fair this is tech support and United really doesn't seem to have a path to help with that).

No biggie, I just figure someone here might have the info handy.

Thanks!
Old Apr 17, 2020, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium

Sorry about the size I seem to have an upload issue
I seem to have picked up a hongkoo virus :-)
Old Apr 17, 2020, 2:04 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
I could never make it work, with or without the instructions. I am very technologically challenged. So I donated mine to a local thrift store.

Coasters were put to much better use, although you only need so many coasters.
Kannai and denver19 like this.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
Coasters were put to much better use, although you only need so many coasters.
Um... just don't plug it in, it makes a great coaster
EWR764, garykung, Kannai and 8 others like this.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
Um... just don't plug it in, it makes a great coaster
img
Have you managed to get to it to heat your mug by induction?
Pittie Pup and nnn like this.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by fumje
Have you managed to get to it to heat your mug by induction?
I figured I'd give it a try once they changed charging formats again.
nnn likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
Mine lights blue when putting phone on and then flashes blue for a bit while charging, not sure what it means but my phone certainly charges, I just plug it into my USB port on my work PC and it works, I have had no issues at all, just plug and play!! (make sure your phone is wireless charging compatible right...)
Old Apr 17, 2020, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the replies! I'm sad to see that the instructions don't give a "color key" of what's going on.
  • pulsing / breathing blue = charging (does this ever stop? other wireless chargers blink at first then stop blinking even though they're still charging)
  • green for 20 seconds: this happens right after I remove my phone from charging
  • multicolor -> power has been applied to the charging pad (it got plugged in)
seanp7 likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 4:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,
Mine works. Lights are on when charging. Pretty straightforward.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 5:21 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by bruinflyer
Thanks for all the replies! I'm sad to see that the instructions don't give a "color key" of what's going on.
  • pulsing / breathing blue = charging (does this ever stop? other wireless chargers blink at first then stop blinking even though they're still charging)
  • green for 20 seconds: this happens right after I remove my phone from charging
  • multicolor -> power has been applied to the charging pad (it got plugged in)
This is the perfect description. Below shows (1), charging, and (3), plugged in (this is a photo on said phone being charged):

Old Apr 17, 2020, 7:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Originally Posted by Dublin_rfk

Sorry about the size I seem to have an upload issue
I seem to have picked up a hongkoo virus :-)
adapter sold separately
Old Apr 17, 2020, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Mine works great. I use it every single day, now that I'm working from my home office, every single day. Keeps my iPhone well charged.
Old Apr 18, 2020, 1:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Funny, I didn't even realize that there was a wireless charger in the 1K kit until I saw this thread.

I guess I never bothered to remove the packet that it was underneath, but just went and looked, and sure enough, it's there.
narvik, seanp7 and SFO_LOW_CLOUDS like this.
Old Apr 18, 2020, 4:00 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
I could never make it work, with or without the instructions.
Possibilities I can think of why it may not have worked:

- Faulty wireless charger unit
- Faulty cable to wireless charger
- Phone is not compatible with wireless charging (only newer Apple iPhones and some Samsung (and other) phones have the technology. Many Android phones won't work)
- The wireless charger won't work, if you have a case that has a metal clip at the back and in exactly the wrong place
- Phone should be placed with screen facing upward on charger. May not work if screen is placed face-down on charger

Last edited by narvik; Apr 18, 2020 at 6:22 am Reason: added link for "best" Android phones with wireless charging feature
Old Apr 18, 2020, 7:51 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
If the blue light is "breathing" then I believe it is working as intended and charging your phone.
I've been using it every day to charge my phone. I actually have a fast wireless charger but I have actually prefered to use this one to charge my phone more slowly and allows me to pull my phone off the charger before it gets to 100% to help preserve the lifetime of my battery.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.