Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

3/8/20 - UA 1562 Diverted to DEN due to "Unruly Passengers" - COVID19 related

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2020, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium

Unruly Passengers Upset By Sneezing, Coughing Cause Flight To Divert To Denver

DENVER (CBS4) – A plane headed to Newark, New Jersey, from Eagle, Colorado, was diverted to Denver International Airport on Sunday afternoon. United Airlines officials say more than one passenger became disruptive and had to be removed.

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2020/03/...divert-denver/

Move/delete if already posted please
Old Mar 9, 2020, 11:08 am

Programs: DL DM
Insanity. Unfortunately with the panic climate now, I can envision this happening more and more often in the future.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 11:51 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Not much of a story, but this part is the most pathetic, IMO:
The "sneezing" passenger was checked for and found not to have a fever....so definitely not COVID-19 then!?!?
iluv2fly likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
This is to be expected when the media creates an environment of fear and panic. I am far more concerned about (and more likely to) run into this type of situation than the actual COVID-19. I am surprised we havent been reading about this more
bchandler02 and Dublin_rfk like this.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 12:43 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
You can't expect folks with allergies or mild colds to eat the change fee costs. They need to have waivers on all tickets if they want sick people not to fly.
bchandler02, iluv2fly, Rd3 and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 1:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
You can't expect folks with allergies or mild colds to eat the change fee costs. They need to have waivers on all tickets if they want sick people not to fly.
It gets dry on those planes, makes it easy to cough especially if its dusty near your seat.
Sometimes when I take a sip of water, it may go down the wrong tube. I have years of experience swallowing, but I'm still not perfect.
It's hard to guarantee zero coughing on a plane.

Also, there are even lots of non-contagious medical conditions which can cause one to have a fever.
jsloan, hp12c, narvik and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by eng3
Also, there are even lots of non-contagious medical conditions which can cause one to have a fever.
Maybe the passenger just wanted more cow bell?
jsloan and traveling bijorn like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.