Search

AC miles towards MP via Expedia

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2020, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, US DM, El Al, SW RR
AC miles towards MP via Expedia

Small-time fish question (General Member, aka infrequent flyer):

Booked a ticket via Expedia with flights by United, Swiss, and Air Canada. $878 made out of $122 base and $756 in taxes...
I collect my miles in UA MP and the AC segments didn't update, so I used the online form.

1. Before I put in the ticket # from the AC boarding pass, I tried the Expedia itinerary # (which started in 7500) - I don't know if it's a "ticket number" but interestingly, UA recognized it but said "this ticket was unused or exchanged", which was untrue.

For GVA-YUL and YUL-LAX (Y cabin), I got all of 1,045 miles... for a geographical flight distance of 6,140 miles.

2. Is it such a paltry value because the miles don't matter, only the portion of the ticket's cost that made up those legs?

3. Would I've gotten closer to 6,140 miles if the AC leg was a separate AC ticket (and not a #016 ticket), and therefore charged as actual miles? (Might be a theoretical exercise though, because who knows what my tickets would've cost in a non-RT configuration.)
Old Feb 14, 2020, 8:15 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
If it was an 016 ticket, then 5x the fare (including surcharges but without taxes and non-airline fees) will be the earning for all UA and *A partner flights.

If it had been an AC ticket, the UA legs would have been still fare based but the partner legs would have a % of the miles depending on fare class (as low as 25%).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.