Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA COVID19: 2020 MileagePlus Awards / Partner Awards / Upgrade Inventory, Deals, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA COVID19: 2020 MileagePlus Awards / Partner Awards / Upgrade Inventory, Deals, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2020, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
I see plenty of options via China on CA and HO when searching partner awards from Germany to Australia.
Only US-China awards have been suppressed.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 8:57 am

Programs: AA Plt Pro, UA Silver, DL, QF; HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
I see plenty of options via China on CA and HO when searching partner awards from Germany to Australia.
Think twice before taking that deal unless you're an Aussie citizen, permanent resident, or family member therein: https://www.abf.gov.au/news-media/ar...cle?itemId=354.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 9:36 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by whitethunder
What a great title and love the idea

The best I got was a 90k per person on YYZ-AMS-IST-HKT one way in J a few days ago ( for a date in early March) to Phuket. No J available at saver levels on a return though so had to book Y for 40K.

I'm hoping someone can find a nice mileage deal maybe I can get a full trip in J to somewhere far away and hot for 260,000 K miles or less (for two) and I can perhaps cancel my HKT trip, the wife is a little iffy about the coronoavirus at the moment....
You mentioned IST, so I assume you are flying TK. Be aware, some of their wide body aircraft J seats are not lie-flat. Personally, I don't think 90K miles for an angled J seat is a good deal.

Last edited by Mama; Feb 5, 2020 at 10:14 am
Old Feb 5, 2020, 10:31 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Any reports of pax who have been in China (in the last 14 days) being denied boarding/rerouted on flights to IAH/DEN at the international departure point? It appears that SFO/LAX/ORD/IAD/EWR are the United hubs that are currently approved ports of entry for such travelers, with "enhanced" health screenings available upon arrival.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 10:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by EWR764
Any reports of pax who have been in China (in the last 14 days) being denied boarding/rerouted on flights to IAH/DEN at the international departure point? It appears that SFO/LAX/ORD/IAD/EWR are the United hubs that are currently approved ports of entry for such travelers, with "enhanced" health screenings available upon arrival.
deny entry only applies to foreigners, not U.S citizens. Denied entry is not port-specific, i.e., deny entry to all ports in U.S. Airline check-in counter will not give you boarding pass if they know you will be denied entry.

Last edited by Mama; Feb 5, 2020 at 11:02 am
Old Feb 5, 2020, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by narvik
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32033664-post412.html

"United.com also says that they have suspended award tickets on partners for travel between China and the US."
Not sure I understand the rationale
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 11:39 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by Mama
deny entry only applies to foreigners, not U.S citizens. Denied entry is not port-specific, i.e., deny entry to all ports in U.S. Airline check-in counter will not give you boarding pass if they know you will be denied entry.
Foreign nationals are restricted from entry, but US citizens who have been in China within the last 14 days will only be processed on arrival at certain approved airports where medical screenings can be carried out.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 11:42 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by AussieExPat
Think twice before taking that deal unless you're an Aussie citizen, permanent resident, or family member therein: https://www.abf.gov.au/news-media/ar...cle?itemId=354.
I just ran a search, doesn't mean I will fly anytime soon...
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA Plt Pro, UA Silver, DL, QF; HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
I just ran a search, doesn't mean I will fly anytime soon...
Touché!
Old Feb 5, 2020, 11:36 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL 360, UA 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador
Sorry, to clarify, I meant partner J fares. (I mistakenly called them 'awards' because they award the UA MP account with more than you'd get if you booked on UA. Yes, I understand thats the wrong use of the term 'award')
Old Mar 1, 2020, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA MM GS, Marriott Titanium
More award inventory due to Covid

Saw open IN and PZ & PN space on all flights EWR to LHR tomorrow.
Company self imposed travel restrictions seem to be already impacting demand severely
Old Mar 1, 2020, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by FTLexMUC
Company self imposed travel restrictions seem to be already impacting demand severely
next day is usually good avail to LHR. Have booked that many times. But yes, a lot of IN inventory TATL available right now into the summer. Mid week is pretty open to many gateways such as FRA or ZRH or LHR
Old Mar 2, 2020, 11:41 am

Programs: UA MM/1K; Marriott Au; Hyatt Dsc
Originally Posted by FTLexMUC
UA 926 went out almost empty yesterday. Front of the plane was particularly sparse. Business travel seems to have totally shut down. I'm grounded...
Old Mar 2, 2020, 3:50 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by aerokitty
UA 926 went out almost empty yesterday. Front of the plane was particularly sparse. Business travel seems to have totally shut down. I'm grounded...
My wife & I were traveling EWR-LHR in two weeks for a conference she was attending, but conference was canceled...
Old Mar 3, 2020, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by physioprof
My wife & I were traveling EWR-LHR in two weeks for a conference she was attending, but conference was canceled...
.... that's why flights are empty right now. Plus escalating corporate travel restrictions ... well into the future. So future bookings are super low right now ... good for IN and PZ availability ... bad for UA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.