Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Award pricing discrepancy (app vs online)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2020, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA S, Marriott Gold (UA), Hertz PC (UA), HH Gold (cc), Avis PP, National EC Executive

Has anyone else observed differences in pricing award itineraries when booking from different locations / configuration? Today I observed a one-way on the app that was 14k miles but online when priced as part of a multi-city itinerary was 18k.

This never used to happen - irrespective of booking platform or method (one way / round trip / multicity), individual segments were always the same price.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 11:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Dynamic pricing.

Experiences under the prior, chart-based system are not relevant.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bigwings8
Has anyone else observed differences in pricing award itineraries when booking from different locations / configuration? Today I observed a one-way on the app that was 14k miles but online when priced as part of a multi-city itinerary was 18k.
Try the multi-city on the app or the one-way on the web, to eliminate that variable. I suspect that it’s the one-way vs. multi-city that’s doing it.

By chance, is your one-way further than 30 days in the future, but the first leg of the multi-city within the next 30 days? There are multiple reports that UA is adding a miles surcharge to each leg of a trip when booked within 30 days of the departure of the first segment.
sexykitten7 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.