Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Seating Map Confusion (old vs new config 772)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2020, 3:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Various

I'm flying HKG-EWR on Sat, Feb 1, and the seating shows the old 2-2-2 config in J. But all the flights from the U.S. to HKG departing on Thu, Jan 30 (and presumably one of the aircraft would be used on the return flight) show to be Polaris configured. Any ideas why the seating chart for my return flight on Feb 1 wouldn't be shown as Polaris?
Old Jan 29, 2020, 7:25 am

My guess is it will update within a day. UA typically waits until a few days before the flight to show the actual seat map for the plane scheduled to fly the flight, preferring the placeholder map until then to minimize confusion/disappointment in the event of an equipment swap. It’s probably set to switch at a certain time prior to the flight, which is why the outbound flights have the actual seat maps but the return flights don’t.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.