Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Controversial prediciton for 2021: 1K upgrades will clear into PN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Controversial prediciton for 2021: 1K upgrades will clear into PN

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2020, 8:18 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cmhua777
As a GS, I rarely find flights with PN that don’t have PZ. ....
In my searches for PZ (mostly TATL) see fare mor PN>0 then PZ>0. This may vary by reroute.
Note neither is common, but PZ>0 is much less common than PN>0.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by cmhua777
As a GS, I rarely find flights with PN that don’t have PZ. The real upgrade benefit GSs get is to force the space through at 72 hours.

On my flight last Friday I had to force my upgrade at 72 hours despite there being 19 open J seats (domestic 767). You would think UA could clear GSs and even 1Ks with that scenario, but nope.
Pretty much the opposite here. Easily more than 90% of the flights I run across with PN>0, PZ=0, Nada, zero, Null
Old Jan 20, 2020, 8:29 pm

As a long time GS, I certainly hope this doesn’t happen. It will just further reduce the value of being GS.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 8:41 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Pretty much the opposite here. Easily more than 90% of the flights I run across with PN>0, PZ=0, Nada, zero, Null
We clearly fly different routes. Here is a random spot check on Feb 4 and 5 for various routes:

IAH-MCO: 4 flights with PN. All have PZ.
DEN-EWR: 2 flights with PN. Both have PZ.
LAX-HNL: 1 flight with PN. Also has PZ.
SFO-SEA: 2 flights with PN. Both have PZ.
EWR-LHR: 4 flights with PN. All have PZ.

Of all the routes I checked there was not one flight that had PN that didn’t also have PZ. Again, I know this dynamic isn’t always true. There are likely plenty of cases where PN exists without PZ. It is simply that I don’t come across it as much as others might.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
I don't see this happening. As mentioned previously, how would UA benefit from this?

Further, I think there will still be a lot of 1Ks even with the new spending requirements. Doing something like this would probably drive GS folks away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.