Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Controversial prediciton for 2021: 1K upgrades will clear into PN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Controversial prediciton for 2021: 1K upgrades will clear into PN

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2020, 2:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
What is GS-lite?
Old Jan 20, 2020, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Yes, more likely to create a 1K only fare class similar (non-)availability to today's PZ and all else would waitlist an even less available inventory.
That is something I could believe could happen. But more complexity in the presently broken system is probably not high on the priority list.
Good point. Let them fix the mess on their hands before attempting any more changes we're going to like.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Conversely, given the direction of the program lately, it wouldn’t surprise me if UA took away what little access 1Ks have to PN to begin with.
jsloan likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 3:00 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by econ
Conversely, given the direction of the program lately, it wouldn’t surprise me if UA took away what little access 1Ks have to PN to begin with.
No, UA likes 1Ks on Y/B/M fares (GS-in-training) -- its the 1K's on T/L/K/G fares that are not high on UA's likes.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LondonElite
What is GS-lite?

UA is tossing 1Ks a few benefit bones to separate them a little from other Premier levels. Some are the similar to what GS get - free food/booze in economy and pre-boarding.
Dublin_rfk likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 3:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: ,united 1k, AA EXP, HH Diamond,BA gold, Hyatt globalist
Controversial opinion 1ks will clear into IN and GS will clear into PZ regular upgrades will clear into I and award tickets will not have a bucket because no one will buy biz awards because they will all be 500k plus
drewguy likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 4:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH

UA is tossing 1Ks a few benefit bones to separate them a little from other Premier levels. Some are the similar to what GS get - free food/booze in economy and pre-boarding.
I was being a little tongue in cheek.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Given the volume distance and UA's very obvious interest in making GS be good, I don't think so.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 5:27 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
I think given the new spend requirements an enhancement may be in store for 1K's - whether it is PN I have no clue.
The enhancements were doled out before the increased spend requirements: free meals, drink, and pre-boarding. This has been the recent pattern with FF programs -- add a small benefit, then extract more to get the benefit.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Might it be possible that UA raises the spend requirement for GS, now that it takes $24k (plus surcharges, etc.) to get to 1K for some folks?
Old Jan 20, 2020, 6:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
yeah I don't see it either, 18K spend and a ton of segments vs $50k+ spend, not gonna happen....
Old Jan 20, 2020, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by LondonElite
What is GS-lite?
25K spend vs. 50k+ spend.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 7:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: ,united 1k, AA EXP, HH Diamond,BA gold, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by mduell
Given the volume distance and UA's very obvious interest in making GS be good, I don't think so.
What are you talking about United is doing everything possible to devalue GS as we speak. Just look at the GS thread. United can’t even give people who spend $60,000 dollars on United access to their horrible lounges domestically.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
As a GS, I rarely find flights with PN that don’t have PZ. The real upgrade benefit GSs get is to force the space through at 72 hours.

On my flight last Friday I had to force my upgrade at 72 hours despite there being 19 open J seats (domestic 767). You would think UA could clear GSs and even 1Ks with that scenario, but nope.
drewguy likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Means nada to me as part of the great unwashed former 1K as
of a week from now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.