Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

45 mins to checkin at SFO (International, Premier line)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

45 mins to checkin at SFO (International, Premier line)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2019, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Long Zhiren
I think I've learned this the hard way at least a few times--getting sent to domestic check-in from international, and vice-versa.
Technically it's more about the terminal. If you've got a domestic flight that is departing from Intl G then they will let you check in at either terminal (yes, I know this is rare).

There have also been reports of people successfully checking in at the "wrong" terminal, but there are even more reports of people like you being turned away. The claim has always been that there are no baggage belts that run from international to domestic, only in the other direction and thus the bags need to be handled manually. I have no idea if that's actually true or not...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.