Search

Dollars & Miles on Reservation page?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2019, 5:26 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA GS; Marriott Titanium / LT Plat
Dollars & Miles on Reservation page?

I just booked my first trip for 2020, and I'm not seeing dollars & miles (like I used to see PQD, PQM,etc.). Is that just me?
Old Dec 15, 2019, 6:34 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Originally Posted by jonisflying
I just booked my first trip for 2020, and I'm not seeing dollars & miles (like I used to see PQD, PQM,etc.). Is that just me?
Nope, miles are now special.
jonisflying likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 10:29 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
It is a PQF and PQP world now (for flights in 2020), and PQM and PQD are out.
am1108 likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
It is a PQF and PQP world now (for flights in 2020), and PQM and PQD are out.
Right, but those aren’t showing up as I would expect them to. Do they not show those on a reservation page?
Old Dec 15, 2019, 10:53 am

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Right, but those aren’t showing up as I would expect them to. Do they not show those on a reservation page?
There is a section "MileagePlus Accrual Details" that should be after the fare details but occansionally it is missing. It may show up in a bit on the online view, it may not. This is just something that happens. Note the reverse is known to happen, it could be there and then disappear. In the end, the posting process is much more reliable.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
some tickets don't show this information. Check the app, that might have it.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If they are United marketed flights, PQP is pretty straightforward. It's just the base fare + any carrier surcharges. There are no carrier surcharges on domestic flights, so all you have to do is look at the base fare for those. PQF is just flight segments (there are no multipliers for class of service), with BE fares earning zero.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Just reading your posts, I want to make sure that you know that the frequent flyer program has been totally revamped for 2020. It’s now driven, almost exclusively, by spend. PQMs, PQDs and the PQS metrics, as we knew them, are no more.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 11:54 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
I can see all the accruals for 2020 (PQF and PQP) under "Accruals for this trip" in the reservation on the app.

I have also seen it available when booking trips but you need to enable the function as the default is not to show this data when booking the flights (well at least for me it seems to be the default).
Old Dec 15, 2019, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Yep, I'm aware of the new program changes.

This is what I see on my reservations page.

Two interesting things to note:
  1. This was booked by an agent and includes two flights operated by BA (we use Concur, and I had a complicated itinerary that I let the agent book - I never do that).
  2. I have 4 hotel reservations as part of this (3 at Marriott properties, and only 1 is showing up in my reservations... I can find the other two when I search for them
Strange. I think I'll call.

Thank you for all the replies!
Old Dec 15, 2019, 12:34 pm

...Strange. I think I'll call. ...
There is really nothing the phone agents can do.

The inclusion of non-mileage earning segments will mess up the data, so I would not trust the reservation report even if it displayed some numbers. The PQD / PQP calculation, in this case, is opaque. It will be what posts.

The hotel reservations should not have any bearing looking at the UA reservation.
jonisflying likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 15, 2019 at 1:54 pm
Old Dec 15, 2019, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold

1. This was booked by an agent and includes two flights operated by BA (we use Concur, and I had a complicated itinerary that I let the agent book - I never do that).
  2. I have 4 hotel reservations as part of this (3 at Marriott properties, and only 1 is showing up in my reservations... I can find the other two when I search for them

in general, when there are non-partner segments on an itin, only the segments until the last UA one will show on UAs site, plus often the single one after. After that, generally, none of them will show. It doesn’t happen that often for me, as based at a mid-size airport that only has US-based carriers flying to it (plus AC), Im almost always on UA for both the first and last segments, so I always see everything.

I do remember one trip several years ago my wife took for work, and I believe was booked through her work agency. It was something like CVG-ORD-SFO on UA, then SFO (or SJC)-LAX-SLC-CVG on DL. She only saw the UA segments and the first DL segment on UAs site, but all showed up on DL.com, and of course, the booking agency site.
jonisflying likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat

This is normal; happens quite a bit. Schedule changes, upgrades, non-*A segments or a ticket not issued yet and so on can cause this. No reason for concern.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Thank you all for the replies - my apologies, I should have checked this first, but I went back and checked and the ticket was plated on 125 stock (BA), not 016... UGH! I should not have let the agent book this for me... 6 flights, 4 UA and 2 BA, and they ticketed on BA. CRAP! I've asked if this can be switched...
Old Dec 16, 2019, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you all for the replies - my apologies, I should have checked this first, but I went back and checked and the ticket was plated on 125 stock (BA), not 016... UGH! I should not have let the agent book this for me... 6 flights, 4 UA and 2 BA, and they ticketed on BA. CRAP! I've asked if this can be switched...
Why? There's no need to change anything. You will earn UA PQP, based upon the fare paid for the UA portion of the ticket, whether it's UA stock or BA stock. There's no need to try to get the ticket voided and reissued, and generally that's a tall ask anyway. (There are IATA rules regarding which airline stock is to be used for plating on a multi-carrier journey).

You can probably estimate the PQP from the fare construction, if you can find that. Or, replicate the same trip on matrix.itasoftware.com , which will provide fare construction for you -- but keep in mind that your travel agent may have used corporate fares that aren't available on the Matrix.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.