Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Operated by SunExpress for Eurowings"

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2019, 3:13 am

Another data point, your LH codeshare is bookable on the EW website:

Originally Posted by GuyIncognito
Hmmm... this flight has gone through a few iterations. When it originally launched, it was a Lufthansa flight on Lufthansa equipment. Last month when I flew, it was a Lufthansa flight operated by Eurowings/Sun Express (the flight was not available for purchase through Eurowings and service onboard was Lufthansa standard). Now, it may be that its sold by Eurowings and codeshared with Lufthansa.

https://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/munich-bangkok
Relevant points from the website you shared which seem to point to this being an operated by EW (and hence EW accrual should apply):

I’ve already booked Business Class. What will happen to my booking?

As a Business Class customer, you will be rebooked within the Lufthansa Group – for example, so that your flight is via Frankfurt. If you are not satisfied with your new connection, we will offer you the one-off option of rebooking via another Lufthansa hub free of charge or of cancelling your flight without charge.
Why does it state “Operated by SunExpress Deutschland” in the booking?

The flight is operated by SunExpress Deutschland. The aircraft is provided by Eurowings and offers the Eurowings’ on-board product. The aircraft, cabin decor and crew uniforms therefore all carry the Eurowings’ design. All processes on the ground and the in-flight service meet the Lufthansa standard.
Safe Travels,

James
Old Nov 2, 2019, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by GuyIncognito
I flew this flight recently in Premium Economy - I received the LH credit:

that is completely different. This is a LH flight which is operated by EW. That will indeed credit as a LH flight.
A 5xxx LH flight is a codeshare flight and should credit as an EW flight.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
should credit as EW ...
What matters is the flight number the plane actually operates, as that is what the MP algorithm receives from the operating carrier. It seems that "LH flight number" has a pretty convoluted meaning in this thread, my impression is that it would be a wet-leased EW plane that would operate under an LH number. In that case, LH earnings.

If the LH number is just a codeshare number and the flight is operated under an EW number, then EW earnings.

If this is a scheduled flight, OP could consult the published timetables to find out the number that the flight is operated under.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
The complicated thing in this thread is "whose metal is a wet lease?" and it seems like the answer is the lessee. But then when you have a flight which is operated by a lessor with their paint on the tail, and marketed by a third carrier, it's messy.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 2:00 pm

The EW-coded flight is EW 1207. My LH PNR won’t work on the EW site... but I believe that’s normal? I don’t have a EW PNR like when booking a codeshare with United; I’m on LH stock.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by FUNTOWNE
The EW-coded flight is EW 1207. My LH PNR won’t work on the EW site... but I believe that’s normal? I don’t have a EW PNR like when booking a codeshare with United; I’m on LH stock.
yeah, it's a different PNR. If you call LH should be able to get you the EW PNR.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
yeah, it's a different PNR. If you call LH should be able to get you the EW PNR.

Just got this email from my company's travel booking agency, I think it's a shoe in to get the 150%. Hello 1K for 2020 , maybe gold for 2021

FLIGHT LH 5447 - LUFTHANSA SAT 16 NOVEMBER 2019 OPERATED BY: EUROWINGS, EW 1207
---trimmed---
CABIN CREW: SUNEXPRESS GERMANY, XG
EQUIPMENT: AIRBUS INDUSTRIE A330-200
Old Nov 12, 2019, 3:39 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Actually I had the same question. did anyone fly on DUS-LAS and had miles posted correctly yet?
Old Nov 13, 2019, 10:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond; VS Gold; Uber Diamond
Probably youll get nothing. Exactly what benefits do you need on this flight that you cant get at checkin at your originbating city?
Old Nov 13, 2019, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by thomas199023
Actually I had the same question. did anyone fly on DUS-LAS and had miles posted correctly yet?
I flew that routing last month and had no issues with miles posting:

thomas199023 likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 8:59 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by j2simpso
I flew that routing last month and had no issues with miles posting:

Awesome! How was the flight on Eurowings?
Old Nov 14, 2019, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by thomas199023
Awesome! How was the flight on Eurowings?
Similar to other LH group long haul flight I've taken. The flight I was on was operated by an A340 which was interesting (nothing like hearing those 4 engines spool up on the runway).
thomas199023 likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 14, 2019 at 11:38 am Reason: Off topic comments removed
Old Nov 18, 2019, 7:35 am

Hi all -

Good news! The Eurowings flight credited for 150% PQMs as predicted above. The flight was a LH-coded (N fare bucket) EW flight, operated by SunExpress.

One datapoint to add: I flew from Singapore to Bangkok on Thai. Thai could check my bag through SIN -> BKK -> MUC, however they could not check me in for the BKK -> MUC leg nor print a boarding pass for the leg. I had to go to the transfer desk in BKK... however EW does not have a transfer desk airside! I went to the Swiss desk, as the LH desk also no longer existed given EW took over this flight. After some grumbling, they printed my EW pass since my bag was already checked through. Otherwise, I would have had to collect my bag and check in again. Note that the entire itinerary was on the same ticket #.

Adding: the EW Premium Econ product was excellent. More or less like LH; cabin was fairly empty to boot.

Last edited by FUNTOWNE; Dec 17, 2019 at 9:24 am
Old Nov 20, 2019, 8:25 am

Just booked FRA-LAS on this, was by far the best fare, near Xmas. Will report back afterwards!
Old Nov 27, 2019, 5:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver, Hertz PC, Avis Pref+, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by j2simpso
Similar to other LH group long haul flight I've taken. The flight I was on was operated by an A340 which was interesting (nothing like hearing those 4 engines spool up on the runway).
So was this a SunExpress wet lease ?
Was it really similar to an LH group flight ? Not more akin to an LCC (pay for blanket pay for pillow pay to pee) ?

Were you able to OLCI ?

Last edited by dand99; Nov 27, 2019 at 5:56 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.