FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   United will begin selling Premium Plus on some domestic routes from 2 Oct. 2019. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1989117-united-will-begin-selling-premium-plus-some-domestic-routes-2-oct-2019-a.html)

anc-ord772 Sep 27, 2019 10:08 pm

I was really worried about this as I have a flight after Oct 2 and didn't want to get booted.

.... then I realized I purchased C+ and am seated in Premium Select on DL. Dodged that bullet.

Sorry to the folks caught up in the changeover. That being said, we knew this was coming and I am looking forward to having PP as a booking option. Hopefully it will come with increased service over economy.

Kacee Sep 27, 2019 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 31572104)
The short notice of this is weird and lack of fares is even weirder, flight in 4 days with 21 seats that can not be purchased and all in those seats have been bumped to less desirable seats :confused: :confused:

UA is probably counting on squeezing $199 buy-ups at check-in from the same elites it just kicked out of P+ and into E-.

Aussienarelle Sep 27, 2019 11:08 pm

So if I am a Y/B/M fare I am assuming I get PP since my connection is in R (PP)? Going to go and take a look at my scheduled flights.

This would be a great time for UA Insider to help us understand what is happening.

IAHMCI Sep 28, 2019 3:28 am

PP fares are loaded now

PsiFighter37 Sep 28, 2019 5:13 am

As others have noted, this seems needlessly nitpikcky given the equipment changes that happen on the occasional basis, and since this is literally only 1x frequency a day to LAX / SFO. It would make more sense to do something like this if UA was inducting the MAX 10 (as the 752 replacement) and installed PP seats on those.

jtwiz Sep 28, 2019 5:14 am

Thanks for the heads up, my Nov. 3rd EWR-SFO flight was impacted. I did get moved to aisle E+, not a middle E- like some others!

Looks like they want $199 for the upgrade to PP seats.

Hipplewm Sep 28, 2019 5:37 am

The points plus website also doesn't even list an upgrade from Premium Plus on a domestic route - it really doesn't mention PS service at all
It is 20 plus points to upgrade from economy to First class - I wonder if they will make it 10 or 15 points to upgrade from Premium Plus or what about from Economy to Premium Plus?

daisyatl Sep 28, 2019 5:53 am

Originally Posted by jtwiz (Post 31572606)
Thanks for the heads up, my Nov. 3rd EWR-SFO flight was impacted. I did get moved to aisle E+, not a middle E- like some others!

Looks like they want $199 for the upgrade to PP seats.

Where are you seeing the upgrade option? I am not seeing anything but maybe it is because I am on the waitlist for an upgrade (which I don't expect to get :)). I suppose I can call...

fumje Sep 28, 2019 6:18 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 31572104)
The short notice of this is weird and lack of fares is even weirder, flight in 4 days with 21 seats that can not be purchased and all in those seats have been bumped to less desirable seats :confused: :confused:

there are only a couple Premium Transcon flights with PremiumPlus seating

I guess this the Friday Bad News announcement (after the PlusPoints announcement)

Ah yes, I meant it was not surprising that we caught the transition period happening on a Friday night. However, it is a bit weird how suddenly they have made the change.

I also agree with Kacee that it would have seemed a sensible goodwill gesture to let any advance seat assignments stick. Especially as the prices people are mentioning for buyup to P+ are around the same as the E+ bundle offers, for example.

yvr1971 Sep 28, 2019 6:45 am

I'm even more annoyed that I booked an international Premium Plus are, with a SFO-EWR segment in B class on the 787-10, and got auto-moved back to an E- seat. Thanks goodness I caught it and was able to to move back to E+. And to add insult, there is only O class showing available. I wonder how UA is going to handle Int'l Premium Plus tickets with these B-Class segments. It would seem reasonable at least to seat us in Premium Plus on this segment. If anyone has any luck convincing a UA rep to do this, please let us know!

JimInOhio Sep 28, 2019 7:05 am

Originally Posted by yvr1971 (Post 31572746)
I'm even more annoyed that I booked an international Premium Plus are, with a SFO-EWR segment in B class on the 787-10, and got auto-moved back to an E- seat. Thanks goodness I caught it and was able to to move back to E+. And to add insult, there is only O class showing available. I wonder how UA is going to handle Int'l Premium Plus tickets with these B-Class segments. It would seem reasonable at least to seat us in Premium Plus on this segment. If anyone has any luck convincing a UA rep to do this, please let us know!

Maybe I'm completely misunderstanding but isn't your domestic B-fare segment eligible for instant upgrade?

yvr1971 Sep 28, 2019 7:07 am

I don't think so, B fare instant upgrades are available only on CPU routes. And Premium Transcon route are not CPU elligible. I wish that were the case though!

Dpetryszyn Sep 28, 2019 7:09 am

I also was bumped from PP to econ plus on EWR to LAX.

I went on my app and noticed upgrade options that said $358 United business and $952 United business.

I clicked the $358 and it brought me to seat map. I then selected seat 3L which confirmed the $358 price. I then completed the purchase.

Charge went through and but gave me an error that said unable to secure seat assignments, please try again later. When I went back to the seat assignments screen, they now want an additional $952 for seat 3L.

I suspect $358 was the price to PP even though it was listed as Business. My reservation screen shows my class of service as "Business" now but the email receipt shows "premium economy upgrade".

Calling in now to straighten out

Kmxu Sep 28, 2019 7:09 am

skip the waiting option for PP

How about charging 20 +points for a PP seat under the “skip the waiting list” option? If you cannot get the business upgrade, you are guaranteed a PP seat by paying the same amount of +points.
Cheers!

yvr1971 Sep 28, 2019 7:17 am

Originally Posted by Dpetryszyn (Post 31572815)
I also was bumped from PP to econ plus on EWR to LAX.

I went on my app and noticed upgrade options that said $358 United business and $952 United business.

I clicked the $358 and it brought me to seat map. I then selected seat 3L which confirmed the $358 price. I then completed the purchase.

Charge went through and but gave me an error that said unable to secure seat assignments, please try again later. When I went back to the seat assignments screen, they now want an additional $952 for seat 3L.

I suspect $358 was the price to PP even though it was listed as Business. My reservation screen shows my class of service as "Business" now but the email receipt shows "premium economy upgrade".

Calling in now to straighten out

Please share your experience on this one! I have the same exact situation.