FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   United will begin selling Premium Plus on some domestic routes from 2 Oct. 2019. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1989117-united-will-begin-selling-premium-plus-some-domestic-routes-2-oct-2019-a.html)

ascaridole Sep 27, 19 7:29 pm

United will begin selling Premium Plus on some domestic routes from 2 Oct. 2019.

I am booked on an EWR-SFO in a couple weeks on the 781..I had selected an E+ seat in the 2-3-2 premium plus cabin (free as a gold) but checked today and I've been moved back to a middle in E-, and the premium plus cabin now shows up as "real" premium plus, and is not selectable (and is empty). Is UA removing E+ access to these seats?

To add insult to injury, there are no free "normal" E+ seats on my flight anymore :td:

alwaysflyingLA Sep 27, 19 7:59 pm

Had the same issue today. Tweeted to United and got an official response that United will begin selling Premium Plus on Sept. 27 for flights beginning October 2. The free seating in Premium Plus cabin for domestic flights will stop on the said date. But fare buckets remained zeroed out for my flight.

Update: on transcontinental flights with B787-10s

Kmxu Sep 27, 19 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by ascaridole (Post 31571795)
I am booked on an EWR-SFO in a couple weeks on the 781..I had selected an E+ seat in the 2-3-2 premium plus cabin (free as a gold) but checked today and I've been moved back to a middle in E-, and the premium plus cabin now shows up as "real" premium plus, and is not selectable (and is empty). Is UA removing E+ access to these seats?

To add insult to injury, there are no free "normal" E+ seats on my flight anymore :td:

You might be right. The color on the seat map for these PP seats are orange; similar to other domestic first class/t.p.s business. However, the PP fare buckets (O, A, R) are all zeroed out. So, I cannot make anything out of this. There may be an announcement soon. However, on a Polarized B772 flight on the same day (Dec. 26), it is business as usual. That is, the PP section is just E+. Stay tuned.

fumje Sep 27, 19 8:02 pm

Besides zeroing the OAR inventory, it doesn't appear they have any fares for sale yet. Not surprising given that it is Friday night in Chicago! Too bad, though. :(

yvr1971 Sep 27, 19 8:05 pm

Just noticed the same thing too on my reservation in Feb. SFO-EWR on a B-fare, which is part of an R-fare YVR-GRU reservation. I wonder if they start selling premium plus on the same flight, will those of us who are already on an R-fare reservation be allowed to upgrade from B to R on the SFO-EWR flight for free.

WineCountryUA Sep 27, 19 8:15 pm

Wonder how upgrades will be handled if RPU (20 PlusPoints) is into Business (Premium Transcons) , what is PremiumPlus?

Also irrops / downgrades with non-PremiumPlus alternatives?

Very surprising move but the 781 have been very popular on the EWR-SFO route.

Kacee Sep 27, 19 8:21 pm

Looks like UA is in process of updating fare tables, as nothing but Y fares currently published.

I briefly saw a bunch of published PE fares for SFO-EWR, the cheapest for October departure being LAU2AXOS at $800 RT.

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 31571890)

Yeah this is going to be a mess with the inconsistent equipment.

daisyatl Sep 27, 19 8:23 pm

Thanks for posting! I just looked at my reservation for the end of October. I got moved to an aisle E- seat for the outbound and a middle E+ seat for return. Annoying. I changed both. I believe the change occurred this morning because I had looked then (or maybe yesterday) to see if by chance my upgrade cleared....

hirohito888 Sep 27, 19 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 31571890)

I hope they don't add more, the 3h+ meal service in J is not popular to me.

ascaridole Sep 27, 19 8:45 pm

Bummer if this sticks, I take the EWR-SFO transcons quite a bit.

I'll try calling UA in a couple days once this settles..hopefully at the least I can get a change to a later flight, I booked this trip several hours earlier than I would've preferred because of the 781, and now I've been relegated to an E- middle seat, which seems crappy even by UA standards :mad:

Kacee Sep 27, 19 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by ascaridole (Post 31571941)
I booked this trip several hours earlier than I would've preferred because of the 781, and now I've been relegated to an E- middle seat, which seems crappy even by UA standards :mad:

UA has a truly unique ability to needlessly antagonize its customers with random downgrades to E- middles.

Why not just respect the original seat assignments during the transition period? By definition, anyone who was in a P+ seat was Gold or higher (or companion), or paid for E+.

:td:

myperks Sep 27, 19 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by ascaridole (Post 31571941)
Bummer if this sticks, I take the EWR-SFO transcons quite a bit.

I'll try calling UA in a couple days once this settles..hopefully at the least I can get a change to a later flight, I booked this trip several hours earlier than I would've preferred because of the 781, and now I've been relegated to an E- middle seat, which seems crappy even by UA standards :mad:

I would probably call now since it just moved you to a less desirable seat. The chances of UA moving you back to true PremPlus is probably not too high.

findmory Sep 27, 19 9:49 pm

Looks like it just happened.

Iím on UA751 EWR>LAX 10/15/2019. I was in row 22, which is one of the 3 PE rows and today when I went to look at itinerary I noticed I was moved to row 32. On with the 1K desk now but itís seems thereís actually a PE fare class for those 3 rows all of a sudden. Will add details as I obtain them...

sexykitten7 Sep 27, 19 9:57 pm

I presume this will only be for p.s. (or whatever it's called now) flights, right?

WineCountryUA Sep 27, 19 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by fumje (Post 31571856)
Besides zeroing the OAR inventory, it doesn't appear they have any fares for sale yet. Not surprising given that it is Friday night in Chicago! Too bad, though. :(

The short notice of this is weird and lack of fares is even weirder, flight in 4 days with 21 seats that can not be purchased and all in those seats have been bumped to less desirable seats :confused: :confused:

Originally Posted by sexykitten7 (Post 31572096)
I presume this will only be for p.s. (or whatever it's called now) flights, right?

there are only a couple Premium Transcon flights with PremiumPlus seating

I guess this the Friday Bad News announcement (after the PlusPoints announcement)