FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   United will begin selling Premium Plus on some domestic routes from 2 Oct. 2019. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1989117-united-will-begin-selling-premium-plus-some-domestic-routes-2-oct-2019-a.html)

Dpetryszyn Sep 28, 2019 7:22 am

I called and asked the agent to place me in 3L.

He confirmed the upgrade and said no problem. Waited a few minutes and confirmed he placed me in 3L.

I checked my reservation on the app and it still shows no seat assignment :(

Going to give it a couple minutes before calling back.

Also, flight accruals show 1.5 PQS and 1.5x PQM as an added bonus if this does indeed stick.

JimInOhio Sep 28, 2019 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Hipplewm (Post 31572638)
The points plus website also doesn't even list an upgrade from Premium Plus on a domestic route - it really doesn't mention PS service at all
It is 20 plus points to upgrade from economy to First class - I wonder if they will make it 10 or 15 points to upgrade from Premium Plus or what about from Economy to Premium Plus?

For P.S. flights: I'll make a wild guess and say that it will be 20 points regardless. For certain fare classes, 20 points gets you from Economy to First. Other fare classes gets you from Economy to PP. Twenty points to go from PP to First, too. As I said, just a wild guess.

w1der4l Sep 28, 2019 7:52 am

I also just found out I was downgraded to E- from E+. Booked on award points. Called to see if it was possible to be moved back to E+. They said it wasn't possible- would need to fork over 40K points one way.

narvik Sep 28, 2019 7:59 am

Originally Posted by w1der4l (Post 31572916)
I also just found out I was downgraded to E- from E+. Booked on award points. Called to see if it was possible to be moved back to E+. They said it wasn't possible- would need to fork over 40K points one way.

That doesn't sound right...AT ALL.

With E+ do you perhaps mean PremiumPlus (PP, P+, PE)?

Often1 Sep 28, 2019 8:10 am

Originally Posted by w1der4l (Post 31572916)

While it is confusing, are you certain that the agent did not say that the 40K miles was for Premium Plus rather than for Economy Plus? The former makes sense. The latter does not.

FlyerTalker70 Sep 28, 2019 8:26 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 31571890)
Wonder how upgrades will be handled if RPU (20 PlusPoints) is into Business (Premium Transcons) , what is PremiumPlus?

I would be curious to learn how RPU prioritization would work? Would a 1K on an R fare have a better chance of clearing into F? And what about passengers on K fares who apply an RPU to their upgrade and clear into PremiumPlus. Would that count as an RPU or would it be refunded? What about CPUs? Would the CPU path now be Y > PY > F or could a valued Premier Gold member like myself on a K fare get CPU'd to F?

Perhaps UA should call domestic PremiumPlus, BusinessFirst, as in business first, passengers last. They could then keep calling F, First as before :D

-James

findark Sep 28, 2019 9:07 am

Absolutely bizarre decision given the huge lack of proper equipment flying the route and inconsistencies of 78J scheduling. I imagine you're just hosed in IRROPS.

Seat assignment is currently broken due to bad cabin matching - .bomb will sell me a fare in United Business (A), and not permit a seat select in either PE or J.

Fares are filed on a differential basis and the fare differential is $199. YBMEU books O, HQVW books A, STLKG books R. Routing rules require nonstop travel and will not validate in the secondary Economy class.

The Business fare table was not changed as part of this rollout (for now), and remains non-differentially fared with 30-day P fares at $659.

Aussienarelle Sep 28, 2019 9:08 am

Originally Posted by JimInOhio (Post 31572803)
Maybe I'm completely misunderstanding but isn't your domestic B-fare segment eligible for instant upgrade?

If there is PN space at time of booking, else you are added to a waitlist. I have a number of B fares where I am waitlisted for the upgrade and caught a couple of flights with B fares that never cleared.

My B flights tend to he short hops to connect to TATL and TPAC flights so not a big deal but I would he super annoyed if I paid for an O/A/R fare with the Y/B/M domestic connection and ended up in E- middle seat.

Checked all my flights and as they are short hops (longest in DEN-SAN) on the O/A/R fares I think I am fine as still sitting in my exit row window seats.

(So appears to be only TCON flights atm).

hockey7711 Sep 28, 2019 9:10 am

Interesting...premium econ 781 on domestic route?

Looks like a 1K can no longer choose the premium economy seats for free. I tried a dummy booking. Premium econ being sold as business in O bucket starting in January. Tried to book the prem ecom , O business fare, does not allow you to choose a seat in any section yet.https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...b32f7261b1.jpg

Aussienarelle Sep 28, 2019 9:12 am

Originally Posted by hockey7711 (Post 31573104)
Looks like a 1K can no longer choose the premium economy seats for free. I tried a dummy booking. Premium econ being sold as business in O bucket starting in January.https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...b32f7261b1.jpg

There is another thread already started on this issue.

Started selling tickets for flights after October 2 with this rule.

findark Sep 28, 2019 9:20 am

p.s. is not eligible for YBM-ups. Once the dust has settled, I would think it reasonable to request to be put in the PE cabin if traveling on a PE fare.

PsiFighter37 Sep 28, 2019 9:24 am

Originally Posted by findark (Post 31573090)
I imagine you're just hosed in IRROPS.

I would throw a fit and demand either a refund in the dollars spent already or an ETC that is greater than the fare differential (since you are basically receiving currency you can only spend on UA). I now need to check one of my relative's flights, as I had booked them in a P+ seat on a 78J for an EWR-SFO flight in a month or so.

I suppose it's too much to ask UA Insider to come and explain the stealth Friday news dump :rolleyes:

BookerNYC Sep 28, 2019 9:35 am

I had a P+ seat on a 78J flight EWR-SFO in about a week and also had a RPU waitlisted. Not only was I booted back to a middle in row 32, but my reservation is a mess -- it looks like I'm waitlisted for RN and (hopefully) PZ but really hard to tell. Can't select or move seats, etc. Hard to believe they did this without any notice and apparently without much planning! I'll be looking for a refund unless they sort this.

Repooc17 Sep 28, 2019 9:37 am

Originally Posted by hockey7711 (Post 31573104)
Looks like a 1K can no longer choose the premium economy seats for free. I tried a dummy booking. Premium econ being sold as business in O bucket starting in January. Tried to book the prem ecom , O business fare, does not allow you to choose a seat in any section yet.

Anyone with Gold and above was able to select PP seats for free on domestic offering.

I would purchase the lower priced J seat for $559.

RdFltErr Sep 28, 2019 10:01 am

Originally Posted by ascaridole (Post 31571795)
I am booked on an EWR-SFO in a couple weeks on the 781..I had selected an E+ seat in the 2-3-2 premium plus cabin (free as a gold) but checked today and I've been moved back to a middle in E-, and the premium plus cabin now shows up as "real" premium plus, and is not selectable (and is empty). Is UA removing E+ access to these seats?

To add insult to injury, there are no free "normal" E+ seats on my flight anymore :td:

I had an upgrade request in to be moved up to Polaris/Business. United quietly took my upgrade request and left me in the Premium Plus seat. Interesting that they just took the upgrade without notice for a totally different product than I had requested.