Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Incorrect mileage posting when itinerary includes non-partner flights.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2019, 10:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.

If you have an itinerary that includes non-partner flights, you might want to check your mileage postings to make sure they are correct.

I recently had flights to/within Asia that included segments on Cathay Dragon and Air China along with the TPACs on United. The correct PQMs posted but the RDMs and PQDs all posted at about 10% or so of the levels that I would normally expect to get. (Nothing for KA, as expected.) MP service center couldn't resolve the issue until all of the flights posted, so I had to wait for the CA posting. Once that showed up, they were able to go in and correct the postings, which showed up almost immediately.

In their response informing me of the fix, the agent included this statement in the email:
"It is an issue that we are aware of on our end where if a ticket has a flight on it that is operated by a non-partner that the PQD totals will not post correctly."

Mods: I did a search and could not find anything on this, but please move to an existing thread if one exists.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 11:19 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
So this was on a 016 ticket stock and PQDs were posted "wrong" if some flights are non-PQD earning?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 17, 2019 at 11:25 pm Reason: typo
Old Aug 17, 2019, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
So this was on a 106 ticket stock and PQDs were posted "wrong" if some flights are non-PQD earning?
I think you mean 016 ticket

This is one of the many reasons I avoid any ticket that UA tries to sell me with non-partners on it (like Hong Kong Airlines, Cathay, Jetstar, etc.). Not worth the trouble unless it's many dollars cheaper and I'm willing to contact UA after the fact and ask them to fix it. I'm sure they would fix it - but do I really want to call the 1K line again?

-RM
Old Aug 18, 2019, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I have experienced this. Also have had issues when ticket has non Partner flights, plus irrops during the trip, which caused all items to post incorrectly. (PQM, PQD).

M+ Service line fixed it up pretty painlessly though
Old Aug 18, 2019, 5:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
So this was on a 016 ticket stock and PQDs were posted "wrong" if some flights are non-PQD earning?
Yes, it was an 016 ticket that included UA, partner and non-partner flights. Not just PQDs but RDMs posted incorrectly as well. PQMs RDMs posted OK.

Originally Posted by goodeats21
I have experienced this. Also have had issues when ticket has non Partner flights, plus irrops during the trip, which caused all items to post incorrectly. (PQM, PQD).
M+ Service line fixed it up pretty painlessly though
This is exactly what happened to me. The CA original CA flight was cancelled, I was rebooked on another, CSR forgot to add my UA # to the new ticket, so had to wait until we got the CA flight credited (also incorrectly) before the MP agent could go in and fix the problem, which occurred quickly once the CA flight showed up..

Last edited by 1kBill; Aug 20, 2019 at 11:29 pm Reason: Corrected statement about RDMs.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 6:26 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by 1kBill
,,,Not just PQDs but RDMs posted incorrectly as well. ...
As RDMs are derived from PQDs on a 016 ticket, that would be expected.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by 1kBill
This is exactly what happened to me. The CA original CA flight was cancelled, I was rebooked on another, CSR forgot to add my UA # to the new ticket, so had to wait until we got the CA flight credited (also incorrectly) before the MP agent could go in and fix the problem, which occurred quickly once the CA flight showed up..
Any reissue on a complicated ticket messes up the PQD accounting.. does not need to have a non-partner. However, the non-partner segment is an awful black hole in which credit can disappear because often a single fare component is split between earning and non-earning segments and there is no way that I know of to argue how much of the fare should/shouldn't be allocated to the non-earning segment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.