Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United System Map from 1959

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2019, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, United
In doing some additional urban archeological work I realized that I was incorrect about the routing my mother took in 1959 as such I edited my original post. I also thought folks might be interested in seeing her original ticket from not only 1959 but also 1958. Not shown but the one ticket envelope has a sticker noting flying to Hawaii the 50th state.

I noticed a couple of things. She misconnected from SFO to Reno and was refunded the cost. I think the misconnect was because of weather from ORD to SFO I mentioned in my original post. When she flew back a second time her bag was 3 lbs over weight and had to pay $2.49 for excess baggage. A good sum for 1959. Seems not much has changed in 60 years.

Last edited by FlyingUnderTheRadar; Oct 6, 2019 at 7:44 pm
Old Oct 5, 2019, 4:54 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
In doing some addition urban archeological work I realized that I was incorrect about the routing my mother took in 1959 as such I edited my original post. I also thought folks might be interested in seeing her original ticket from not only 1959 but also 1958. Not shown but the one ticket envelope has a sticker noting flying to Hawaii the 50th state.

I noticed a couple of things. She misconnected from SFO to Reno and was refunded the cost. I think the misconnect was because of weather from ORD to SFO I mentioned in my original post. When she flew back a second time her bag was 3 lbs over weight and had to pay $2.49 for excess baggage. A good sum for 1959. Seems not much has changed in 60 years.

So cool! Thanks for posting!!
Old Oct 5, 2019, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by physioprof
So cool! Thanks for posting!!
Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
In doing some addition urban archeological work I realized that I was incorrect about the routing my mother took in 1959 as such I edited my original post. I also thought folks might be interested in seeing her original ticket from not only 1959 but also 1958. Not shown but the one ticket envelope has a sticker noting flying to Hawaii the 50th state.

Very cool post!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.