Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: No longer transfer Chase UR→UA @ 1:1 ratio (or at all)? What to do? What to do?
[NO] UA Card, [NO] Ultimate Rewards Card → [NO CHANGE] I still don't want any UA/UR Chase product
7.94%
[✓] UA Card, [NO] Ultimate Rewards Card → [NO CHANGE] I keep my UA card and [DO NOT] carry UR card.
9.35%
[✓] UA Card, [NO] Ultimate Rewards Card → [I KEEP] my UA card(s) and [ADD] UR Chase card(s).
3.74%
[✓] UA Card, [NO] Ultimate Rewards Card → [I CLOSE] Chase UA card and [DO NOT WANT] a UR Chase card.
1.87%
[NO] UA Card, [✓] Ultimate Rewards Card → [NO CHANGE] I dont carry a UA card and I [KEEP] my UR card
26.17%
[NO] UA Card, [✓] Ultimate Rewards Card → I [ADD] a UA card and I [CLOSE] my UR card.
0%
[NO] UA Card, [✓] Ultimate Rewards Card → I [ADD] a UA card and I [KEEP] my UR card.
0.93%
[✓] UA Card, [✓] Ultimate Rewards Card → [NO CHANGE], I keep [BOTH] my UA and UR Chase cards.
24.77%
[✓] UA Card, [✓] Ultimate Rewards Card → I [KEEP] my UA card(s) and [CLOSE] my UR card(s).
2.34%
[✓] UA Card, [✓] Ultimate Rewards Card → I [CLOSE] my UA card(s) and [KEEP] my UR card(s).
22.90%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

United pushes JPM on Sapphire Reserve

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2019, 6:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
There are many who would like an easier path to status -- I will be at just about 100K PQMs but short of Plat PQDs (but with a Chase MP card PQD waiver for Plat ). But it is hard to not see the elite ranks are bloated -- "when everyone is special, no one is special." Making it easier to qualify isn't going to fix the shrinking elite "benefits" issue.
I would venture to guess that adding a very high spending threshold to allow for FPQMs to be applicable for the PQM threshold at 1K would not move the dial that much...there can't be THAT many legacy Presidential Plus CC owners out there (although I could be wrong).

I'm also partially biased because I pay rent on my CC, so I would be very confident in hitting a hypothetical threshold.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 6:49 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
I would venture to guess that adding a very high spending threshold to allow for FPQMs to be applicable for the PQM threshold at 1K would not move the dial that much...there can't be THAT many legacy Presidential Plus CC owners out there (although I could be wrong).
If you are suggesting this would benefit few, it seems it does not fit
Originally Posted by schalliol
The point of the thread is about why UA doesn’t have more users of their cards. We’re all just saying what it would take for others to pick them up. I don’t think UA will do more like desired however.
However, my point is inflating the elite ranks or miles earned is perhaps what we should not be seeking as it only worsens problems posted every day in this forum. UA likes these ideas because they are (misguidedly) popular and does not cost UA. (same number of award seats, same number of upgrades, same number boarding, ...)

Perhaps we should be suggesting / advocating for benefits that could be added and not worsen the overall situation.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Perhaps we should be suggesting / advocating for benefits that could be added and not worsen the overall situation.
The simple answer (IMO) would be to offer a higher multiplier than CSR. If you told me I could earn 5x RDM on just UA flights (not even partner flights booked on 016 stock) booked on united.com, I would immediately use my PP card way more. It's not rocket science...
coolbeans202 and 747FC like this.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 9:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by emcampbe
isn’t that what the club card is?
The club card is fine if you do a lot of domestic segments at airports where United has clubs. Otherwise it’s not that great, which is why many - including me - have ditched it
nomad420 likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus

I'm also partially biased because I pay rent on my CC, so I would be very confident in hitting a hypothetical threshold.
I believe that changing the offerings f a card has OCC implications, so banks can't change the card benefits whenever they want to.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
I believe that changing the offerings f a card has OCC implications, so banks can't change the card benefits whenever they want to.
Except they sure changed the “benefits” on the Presidential Plus card to enable the FEQM’s to expire.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by jp12687

My club cards sees 1 transaction a year. The membership fee.

my CSR sees the majority of my activity with a platinum card getting the rest
Have had the Club Card for YEARS but will probably dump it this year as the discount I get for the being GS is not much less than the CC rate. Also at basically 1.5 miles (some purchases are more) per dollar spend isn't that great anymore. MANY other cards have similar and better benefits so I have already started to shift my charges to a cash back type card where I can get up to as high as 4% cash back (ie gas purchases). So basically I am right with you only difference I don't think I will be even keeping the card now.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 5:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
The simple answer (IMO) would be to offer a higher multiplier than CSR. If you told me I could earn 5x RDM on just UA flights (not even partner flights booked on 016 stock) booked on united.com, I would immediately use my PP card way more. It's not rocket science...
Or 2x multiplier instead of 1.5 on Club Card for all non UA spend.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 7:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
Last night I called 1K line to change my award ticket and before hang up the nice CSR lady just promoted the Club card and I politely said 'I will think over'. No way I would apply with current card benefits. I just canceled my explorer right after UA's dynamic domestic award change. Interesting this is first time that CSR persuaded me to apply UA card.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 7:03 pm

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
I've been asked the same thing. I tell them why I'm not interested. They probably won't pass along feedback, but who knows!
Old Sep 11, 2019, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
I also find the CSR really valuable for insurance and other non-miles/points benefits and will consider it a big item for which card gets daily use and travel use. Points being equal for travel, say, and I would still use the CSR for the travel insurance and car rental insurance. I regularly use the CSR vs a Chase Southwest card for Southwest flights, especially on rewards where the amount charged is so low so I don' care about the Southwest points.

The problem for UA is that if they offered global entry reimbursement or free CLEAR, for example, or other status benefits they would start undercutting the benefit of actual 1k status. Part of me thinks they would prefer giving benefits to cc holders vs actual flyers, though. :-)
Old Sep 11, 2019, 12:41 pm

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
On the topic of Clear, it seems that they could have a graduated price. It's silly that Gold would get the same price as signed-up-today.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 8:21 am

I don’t see the details in the article itself, but seeing a Bloomberg article regarding United and Chase coming to an agreements on their CCs. Only concrete items I see right off is sign-up bonuses on all 4 cards (is this new? I feel like it isn’t) and a new card for small business owners.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 11:02 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
I don’t see the details in the article itself, but seeing a Bloomberg article regarding United and Chase coming to an agreements on their CCs. Only concrete items I see right off is sign-up bonuses on all 4 cards (is this new? I feel like it isn’t) and a new card for small business owners.
With a signup bonus of 100K RDMs, New United MP branded Business credit card from Chase

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.