Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Status changed after check-in. Can I update my mobile boarding pass?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2019, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: United MileagePlus 1K

This morning I checked in for an international flight that leaves tonight. In the meantime, I had additional miles post that took me from Silver to Gold status.

Boarding pass shows the silver status from the time of check-in. Is there a way to get it changed to Gold (assuming that will make it easier to take advantage of the lounge access this afternoon if it shows on my boarding pass).

I haven’t been able to find a way to “refresh” the boarding pass or re-do my check-in. Any ideas? Or will it not matter when I have the Gold status showing on my app? Thanks!
Old Jun 24, 2019, 7:39 am

Programs: UA 1KMM
Originally Posted by Cissigys
This morning I checked in for an international flight that leaves tonight. In the meantime, I had additional miles post that took me from Silver to Gold status.

Boarding pass shows the silver status from the time of check-in. Is there a way to get it changed to Gold (assuming that will make it easier to take advantage of the lounge access this afternoon if it shows on my boarding pass).

I haven’t been able to find a way to “refresh” the boarding pass or re-do my check-in. Any ideas? Or will it not matter when I have the Gold status showing on my app? Thanks!
Your lounge access is usually read from the boarding pass, so you may find difficulites getting into the UC and/or internationally.

that might not work so well when boarding group 1 instead of group 2, where the GA could toss you out of BG1.

Your gold card in your app should allow you access, but it is probably better if you call in, get yourself offloaded and have the CS agent make sure your gold status is reflected in your reservation before you re-check in.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 7:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
There's a lag of a day or two between miles posting and status changing. If the app or website show Gold, ryman554's advice is sound.

Originally Posted by ryman554
that might not work so well when boarding group 1 instead of group 2, where the GA could toss you out of BG1.
I can only recall once seeing a GA enforce boarding groups.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Recheck in. Or change the seat to force a refresh.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: United MileagePlus 1K
Thanks! The app/website do show the Gold status, so I’ll give the suggestion above a try.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 8:14 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Thanks! The app/website do show the Gold status, so I’ll give the suggestion above a try.
Also, if it's the BP in Apple Wallet, you may have to delete it from Wallet, and then re-add it after checking in. The wallet BPs don't always seem to update.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 6:39 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
There's a lag of a day or two between miles posting and status changing. If the app or website show Gold, ryman554's advice is sound.
I can only recall once seeing a GA enforce boarding groups.
You must not be flying United very often.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K

I've found that either I can restart the United app on Android and it forces a refresh of boarding passes. Or call United for them to uncheck you and re-check you in.

David
Old Jun 25, 2019, 7:55 am

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
why can't you just re-check and get a new boarding pass from the kiosk at the airport?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.