Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Checking baggage to final destination - Interline?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2019, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Silver, AC Altitude 35K, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, Bonvoy Silver and a few more

Flying UA YYZ-IAH-UIO and then Avianca UIO-MEC. Since they are both Star Alliance, is it safe to assume that I will be able to check my baggage all the way through?
Old Jun 20, 2019, 8:30 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Yes. If they are all on reservation, then the computer will do it automatically. If they are on separate reservations, bring printed copies of both itineraries, and the agent at YYZ can generate the bag tag manually.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PTahCha
Yes. If they are all on reservation, then the computer will do it automatically. If they are on separate reservations, bring printed copies of both itineraries, and the agent at YYZ can generate the bag tag manually.
The Minimum Connection Time of one hour at UIO must also be met. If it’s on one ticket, that should have been handled by the computer. If separate tickets, you’d need to check for that yourself.

I don’t know whether or not you will be required to pick up your luggage and clear customs at UIO, though. I imagine someone on the Ecuador forum would know.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Silver, AC Altitude 35K, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, Bonvoy Silver and a few more
UIO connection

Originally Posted by jsloan

The Minimum Connection Time of one hour at UIO must also be met. If it’s on one ticket, that should have been handled by the computer. If separate tickets, you’d need to check for that yourself.

I don’t know whether or not you will be required to pick up your luggage and clear customs at UIO, though. I imagine someone on the Ecuador forum would know.
Sadly, I have a 6+ overnight connection in Quito. I will check the Ecuador forum too.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 1:47 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by flying chef
Sadly, I have a 6+ overnight connection in Quito....
Overnight connection could be an issue. UA policy is not to check thru on overnight connections but many agents will do it anyway -- just never know in advance.

Is this a separate ticket situation?
jsloan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.