Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Haven’t seen such an empty F seat map like this in some time.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Haven’t seen such an empty F seat map like this in some time.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2019, 9:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
My flight BOS-SFO tonight is booked 10/28 in J. T-9 hours.

And it's showing PN0 PZ0 IN0 I0.
mdtakamine likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1k, Hawaiian Premier
Originally Posted by Weatherboy
Empty F cabins do pop up from time to time out of Hawaii. I've had a few ex-Hawaii flights this year where no one sat next to me even with non-revs cleared. And I had 2 flights where there were less than 5 people total in F on a 737.

And then there's other times where I can't even buy a full F seat to/from Hawaii due to it being sold out on some days weeks in advance.

So usually they are full but every now and then there's a random super light load.
Nice - I fly in/out of HNL all the time (200k PQMs or so) and I can't remember the last time I saw an empty seat up front - maybe 2014,
Weatherboy likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 2:53 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by Kacee

It's still J9 & P0 at T-4! Bonkers!
Old Jun 17, 2019, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC

With most of the business class cabin checked in (which you could extrapolate to mean most of the plane is checked in) there are 0 people on the upgrade list (and one NRSA standby).

Remember, this is a non-CPU route.

I've flown SFO-AKL twice and AKL-SFO once in the past month. On every occasion the flight didn't move from PZ0 despite 15-20 free J seats - but on all occasions my upgrades cleared within 24 hours of applying them (including one at 24 hours and on at 48 hours due to them being last-minute bookings) so they are seemingly releasing capacity based on the waitlist, rather than just releasing it for everyone.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 4:41 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by docbert
Remember, this is a non-CPU route.
Really? Gee, I didn't know that.

The consequence is that folks can't SDC over and confirm into business. This seems to me a mistake by UA, as they are missing an opportunity to free up seats on other, more heavily booked flights. They are also missing an opportunity to allow pax to burn RPUs, which UA carries as liabilities on its books. Not to mention the missed opportunity to earn customer goodwill, which has been in short supply for quite some time now.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And who says they don't care about crowding in the United Club.
mdtakamine likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by fumje
And who says they don't care about crowding in the United Club.
Totally OT, but the food options in BOS UC are even worse than SFO. Truly pathetic. The budget must be about $12/day.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 5:01 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by physioprof
It's still J9 & P0 at T-4! Bonkers!
UA must like to see their Elites twist in the wind over this. I suspect it will eventually fill with those with instruments in play but com'on do you always have to do it when the door is about to close.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by nomad420
UA must like to see their Elites twist in the wind over this. I suspect it will eventually fill with those with instruments in play but com'on do you always have to do it when the door is about to close.
I don't think it will, b/c there are no instruments currently showing as listed (just one NRSA), and you can't list within T-24. That's why this is so messed up.
onthesam likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Totally OT, but the food options in BOS UC are even worse than SFO. Truly pathetic. The budget must be about $12/day.
If you arrive at the exact right time of afternoon, you can have a salami.

Also, it's amazing to me that the Clubs have apparently been priced out of pepper jack cheese.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by fumje
Also, it's amazing to me that the Clubs have apparently been priced out of pepper jack cheese.
Noticed that as well. They don't even have cookies or any kind of sugar/salted snacks here.

I'm off to Legal Seafoods now b/c I don't trust UA to serve me anything edible these days.
onthesam likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 6:28 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Noticed that as well. They don't even have cookies or any kind of sugar/salted snacks here.

I'm off to Legal Seafoods now b/c I don't trust UA to serve me anything edible these days.
Good move, I have had actually great meals there. Didn't catch the fact that all instruments have cleared all ready. However, this is the perfect time to call and try place/clear one sub T24. Not in BOS but if I was I would call. Oh, hey sorry don't want to interrupt your dinner.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 6:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by nomad420
I suspect it will eventually fill with those with instruments in play but com'on do you always have to do it when the door is about to close.
15 minutes before flight. Nobody upgraded. Nobody uncleared on the upgrade list. 2 NRSA's, and 9 seats free. So 7 extras that are not showing for one reason or another (compared to the 10/28 earlier in the day) - buy-ups or SDC's I'm guessing, or possibly late upgrades-before-checkin.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 6:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC 35K, SPG GOLD
Now there are 2 seats left and 11 on the waitlist. So it will go full.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by chebert999
Now there are 2 seats left and 11 on the waitlist. So it will go full.
Not sure which flight you're talking about, but based on the route and timing I'm presuming it was UA1163, which is :

(DIC/HER were both on both lists, so presumably NRSA)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.