Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 15, 2019, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
How to play
Book and take a trip

Book and take a trip on United or United Express® by August 4, 2019, spending at least $xxx per trip.
Terms and conditions
Eligibility:

• Only original offer recipients can register for and participate in this promotion.

• Promotion code: T008MA

How to participate:

• Member must register for this promotion on or prior to August 4, 2019. Only transactions initiated after registration and completed on or prior to August 4, 2019 will qualify toward satisfaction of the offer requirements.

• Registrant must complete all activity specified in the offer to receive bonus award miles. Partial bonuses for completing only certain activity will not be awarded. Bonus award miles may only be earned once.

Book and take 1 trip(s):

• Qualifying trip requirements:

1. Trip (as defined below) booking must be made after registration.

2. All flight activity for applicable Trip must be complete on or prior to August 4, 2019.

3. Each Trip must have a fare (as defined below) equal to or greater than $xxx. (this will vary per offer)

4. The final fare amount for the Trip will be used to determine satisfaction of offer requirements, including itinerary changes that result in an increase or decrease to the fare and paid upgrades that result in an increase to the fare.

• “Trip” is defined as each unique travel itinerary as documented by United with a confirmation number.

• For this promotion, only dollars spent on the "fare" on eligible flights operated by United® and United Express® will qualify toward meeting spending milestones. Certain specialty tickets, including but not limited to unpublished, consolidator/bulk, group, tour and opaque fares, will not be counted towards spending milestones. Dollars spent on tickets purchased for flights operated by Star Alliance™ member airline or a United MileagePlus® partner airline with tickets issued by United (ticket number starting with "016") will not qualify for this offer. The "fare" is the base fare of the ticket plus carrier-imposed surcharges, excluding any government-imposed taxes and surcharges. For tickets purchased in a currency other than U.S. dollars, we will convert the purchase to U.S. dollars using an industry standard exchange rate. Please note that the price displayed when purchasing a ticket on united.com includes up to a 7.5% U.S. Federal Transportation Tax on the base amount of the fare on itineraries wholly within the United States. This tax also applies to certain itineraries between the United States and Canada or Mexico.

• Offer is not valid on government fares.

• Flights on award travel tickets do not qualify for meeting the requirements of this offer.

• E-Ticket purchase is required. Service charges for ticketing with a United representative in the 50 United States, District of Columbia and Canada are $25 by phone, $30 at a City Ticket Office and $35 in person at the airport. Ticketing charges may vary outside of the U.S. and Canada and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased on united.com. Service charges are subject to change without notice.

Other important information:

• This offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.

• Miles earned through this promotion do not count toward Premier status or Million Miler Status and do not apply to class-of-service bonus miles, Premier bonus miles or promotional Premier qualifying miles.

• Qualifying activity must be posted to the applicable member's MileagePlus account in order to qualify for this offer.

• Bonus miles will post to your MileagePlus account six to eight weeks after the promotion ends on August 4, 2019.

• Offer ends at 11:59 p.m. (U.S. Central Time) on August 4, 2019.

• If transactions are reversed or canceled or refunds occur such that the offer requirements are not satisfied, applicable miles will not be awarded or will be deducted from the MileagePlus member account.

• All calculations and other determinations made in connection with this offer will be made by United in its discretion and are considered final.

• Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
Print Wikipost

New MilePlay (June 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle
Book and take 4 trips (>$500) for 41K miles
Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
1 trip of $350+ for 6,100 RDM. Wife’s offer is 1 trip of $500+ for 4,300 RDM. Both of us are 1K...
Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Book and take a trip in a premium seat 1 time to get 11,000 bonus award miles
Each purchased fare must be a minimum of $700 to qualify

I have a trip already that meets this requirement, not sure how cancelling then re-booking would work, would probably be more expensive even though the stock is going back.

"• Member must register for this promotion on or prior to August 4, 2019. Only transactions initiated after registration and completed on or prior to August 4, 2019 will qualify toward satisfaction of the offer requirements."

Last edited by SwaBiz; Jun 13, 2019 at 3:47 pm
Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:41 pm

1 trip x $500, 7300 miles
Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SwaBiz
I have a trip already that meets this requirement, not sure how cancelling then re-booking would work, would probably be more expensive even though the stock is going back.
You'd need to pay the change fee plus any difference between what you already paid and the current fare.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Wow ... book 4 trips, $300/ea minimum for a huuuuge 3600 bonus miles.

Shoot, I could do better asking 1kvoice for 5000 miles “just because you love me” ...
Old Jun 13, 2019, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by jsloan
You'd need to pay the change fee plus any difference between what you already paid and the current fare.
Yeah, I started reading How to find fare rules for united flights? and realized it was going to be a non-starter. I'm still stuck in the WN ways where you can just cancel a ticket and the money goes into a voucher you can immediately use. I've used that method to rebook WN flights for cheaper.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 4:05 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K \\ ConciergeKey
5 trips >300.00 for 24,000 Miles
Old Jun 13, 2019, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
4 trips, minimum $350 each
4,200 miles

Yawn.

If I hit it organically (very possible), then fine.

Once again it baffles me. This does nothing to drive additional / incremental spend...
drewguy likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 4:58 pm

Programs: AA Plat
2 trips x $150 minimum = 2,500 miles.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 5:17 pm

1 premium trip ($600 minimum) for 5,000 was my offer
Old Jun 13, 2019, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
5 trips for 21K miles booked and flown at >$350 each by August 4.

Yah, right.

Fuhgeddaboutit.

David
Old Jun 13, 2019, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Made out real well...1 trip for $225 nets 5800 miles.

Guess I'm being rewarded for not booking much on UA recently but I need to give this a whirl.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer
Made out real well...1 trip for $225 nets 5800 miles.

Guess I'm being rewarded for not booking much on UA recently but I need to give this a whirl.
I got the same one. I probably won't complete it. My travel for the next 2 months is pretty much booked.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 7:05 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Nada

Nada for me ..... first time I have missed a MilePlay offer. Last time I hit it for the first time ever. I'd rather have a crap offer than nothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.