Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA is now posting their flight earnings very soon after arrival (hours, same day, ..)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2022, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Generally UA operated flights are posting with hour or two of landing and often before landing

Things that can lead to a day or two delays
-- Irrops rerouting
-- late SDC
-- Same day booking

Appears UA does some preprocessing in advance of the flight and changes after that preprocessing are processed later.
Print Wikipost

UA is now posting their flight earnings very soon after arrival (hours, same day, ..)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2019, 7:41 pm

Programs: MileagePlus
I was ewr -> bos and back yesterday. My bos -> ewr flight posted already but my morning leg hasn’t posted yet. Is that a bad sign? Every flight has been posting almost instantly for me recently.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 7:58 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by kac2138
I was ewr -> bos and back yesterday. My bos -> ewr flight posted already but my morning leg hasn’t posted yet. Is that a bad sign? ....
Still occasional reports of a day or two. I would not worry for at least a couple of days. You can not make a request to UA until 5 days.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 8:36 am

Programs: MileagePlus
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Still occasional reports of a day or two. I would not worry for at least a couple of days. You can not make a request to UA until 5 days.
Yeah, it posted this morning. Sigh of relief! So close to the next status tier, I need every PQM. Lol.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
I was ewr -> bos and back yesterday. My bos -> ewr flight posted already but my morning leg hasn’t posted yet. Is that a bad sign? Every flight has been posting almost instantly for me recently.
Did you do an SDC. I’ve noticed those segments post later.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 3:40 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
I just had an sdc post sometime between 24-48hrs after.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 3:49 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
SDC and irrops seem to lead to 24 hour delays or so IME. And the itin stays "open" (under your "My Itineraries" list) until the next day, which is probably related.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM, AA Nobody, Marriott Ambassador Elite
I have an ANA flight that was on a 016 United ticket that hasn't posted yet after 36 hours. It was delayed an hour for takeoff.

Any ideas how long something like this takes? Only reason I ask is BR posts to UA MP as fast as regular UA flights these days.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by AsiaTravel2019
I have an ANA flight that was on a 016 United ticket that hasn't posted yet after 36 hours. It was delayed an hour for takeoff.

Any ideas how long something like this takes? Only reason I ask is BR posts to UA MP as fast as regular UA flights these days.
There is nothing to do until it has been 7 days. But some partners do regularly take 2-3 days. others 1 day or less.
The process for requesting missing mileage is covered in [Consolidated] UA/Partner flights miles not posting?
Old Jul 27, 2019, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Yeah, it posted this morning. Sigh of relief! So close to the next status tier, I need every PQM. Lol.
Nice!
Old Jul 29, 2019, 6:07 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
My lagged segment also showed up about 36 hours after the flight. No SDC or other nuance to that itinerary though. P fare class booked a few months ago, everything was on time and smooth. That's the first delay I've had on ~30 legs since the faster posting times.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 8:10 am

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Gold, Carnival VIFP Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Does this mean youll be recognized as a next level Premier and start earning more RDMs just as quickly after landing?

Would be great if you could land on your silver-earning flight one day and proceed to pick your free E+ for a next day return hours later at OLCI...
Old Aug 1, 2019, 1:12 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AsiaTravel2019

I had a similar one last year that took 3 days I believe. Most partner flights take between 2 and 6 days to post to UA.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by aoumd
Does this mean youll be recognized as a next level Premier and start earning more RDMs just as quickly after landing?

Would be great if you could land on your silver-earning flight one day and proceed to pick your free E+ for a next day return hours later at OLCI...
Yes this should be possible. My wife landed at 203 pm and her flight was already updated before 415 pm today. The first non UA flight hadnt posted yet but thats also normal.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 11:34 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Same for me yesterday. Second leg posted and first leg did not. LAS-SFO-SAN

It was a SDC and then there was an upgrade (CPU - I know they are unicorns but have been getting many of them this year) at the gate for the first leg. I went to report the missing credit (need all my PQDs this year) and neither the fare code nor seat number is there - of course it is not more than five days since the flight so report could not be submitted.

So it was not the SDC that is the issue (as second leg posted) it appears.to be the SDC with a gate upgrade that caused the problem. United got me used to instantaneous reporting once the flight was completed.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
.... United got me used to instantaneous reporting once the flight was completed.
No good deed goes unpunished

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.