Wiki Posts
Search

E+ on sale? 35% off

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2019, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier
E+ on sale? 35% off

Just noticed an ad drom UA on my FB offering me 35% off on E+ for my June flights. We only have one flight in June, late in the month to finish our move to LAS and we already have nice E+ seats because my wife is Gold.....I guess their marketing people did not reall research their targets.
Old May 21, 2019, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gene2632
Just noticed an ad drom UA on my FB offering me 35% off on E+ for my June flights. We only have one flight in June, late in the month to finish our move to LAS and we already have nice E+ seats because my wife is Gold.....I guess their marketing people did not reall research their targets.
Would you really be happier if UA could match your FB profile to your MP account?
findark and jb64 like this.
Old May 21, 2019, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier
I would be happier if UA could manage to clear more than one upgrade request every two years.....My question was more about the noted E+ "sale".
Old May 21, 2019, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA 2P, UC, Hertz 5*, Hilton Diamond
I think its an ad that is sent to everyone regardless of whether you are Premier Gold / higher, or not, so they can capture a lot of the potential market. Remember that MileagePlus doesn't have 2.38 billion people as members while facebook does.
Old May 21, 2019, 5:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
Their system always blasts out emails like this across the spectrum of status levels & mailing list members. Despite already having requalified as a 1k for next year I got an email today offering to sell me award accelerator PQMs. Stuff like this is normal for UA. I disregard.
gene2632 likes this.
Old May 21, 2019, 9:15 pm

Programs: 1k by marriage
Originally Posted by gmt4
Their system always blasts out emails like this across the spectrum of status levels & mailing list members. Despite already having requalified as a 1k for next year I got an email today offering to sell me award accelerator PQMs. Stuff like this is normal for UA. I disregard.
I’m guessing their email marketing team pulls in 1k status a few times per year to make that award status based email segments. Chances are low they bother to further segment their list to those who have or have not qualified yet. The benefit to doing that is near zero (maybe prevent a few unsubscribes) while the revenue generated from getting a few of those opens to convert to sale is high.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.