Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New Spider-man Themed Safety Video & Amenity Kit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2019, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

New Spider-man Themed Safety Video & Amenity Kit

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2019, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by zombietooth
The video is horrendous and makes no sense. The CGI is primitive and the sound editing is awful with excessive amplification at the sub-climaxes. I also find the general theme offensively stupid. I now put on my headset and crank-up some cover music so I don't have to listen to it.
I'm ok with the CGI but I think they're just desperately trying to stick in as many Spiderman scenes as possible. With the previous demos at least they cleverly made destinations blend in with plane safety like stuffing your coconuts under the seat, but man this was just confusing and a mess. If you were actually trying to watch the video for safety it would make no sense.

Got me a blue spidey bag today SFO-PVG.
DenverBrian likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by uastarflyer

That’ll show them.
But it's true. I also have no desire to watch that video. It's so moronic it's embarrassing.
Miggles likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 11:54 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by chavala
But it's true. I also have no desire to watch that video. It's so moronic it's embarrassing.
Some comic book superheroes have a certain campy aspect and Spiderman, in particular, is high on the campiness scale. While not my cup of tea, Spiderman / campy go hand-in-hand and is what those familiar with Spiderman would expect.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 3:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Some comic book superheroes have a certain campy aspect and Spiderman, in particular, is high on the campiness scale. While not my cup of tea, Spiderman / campy go hand-in-hand and is what those familiar with Spiderman would expect.
agreed. By the way, is UA mentioned or seen in the actual movie? My kids saw it but I have not yet.

I got a red pouch UA1 on the 6th and scavenger/vulture picked a blue for my other kid after landing. The bags are a little thick but definitely more useful than the tins.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Finally went on a Spiderflight. Like the kit, think the video is poorly done, especially in conveying the safety messages!
Old Jul 8, 2019, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by uastarflyer

By the way, is UA mentioned or seen in the actual movie?

Yep.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 6:41 am

Scored a red Spider kit finally earlier this month IAH-LHR and a blue one on the return FCO-EWR. My collection is complete. lol.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Got a red Spiderman kit on EWR-HKG last week. The zipper broke upon opening.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 8:35 am

Programs: MileagePlus
This video is so awful. When are we getting Safety is Global III back? This video has like NO MUSIC. It's practically silent. The plot is completely incoherent (why is one of the bad guys trying to dive into a fountain?) and the staff in the video look even more robotic and awkward than normal. Except for the second lady in the video. United Safety Video Hall of Fame for sure for her.

I just don't understand why--when you have music as iconic and magical as Rhapsody in Blue associated with your brand-- you lower it in the mix to put in what sounds like a repeating three bar, I don't know, flute solo.
Miggles and kirkwoodj like this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 27, 2019 at 12:01 pm Reason: Using symbols, spaces or other methods to mask vulgarities is not allowed.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by kac2138
This video is so awful
I now cringe when this video comes on. I’ll never go and watch the movie. In fact, I ended up seeing Stuber instead—loved that film.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 12:06 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
I now cringe when this video comes on. I’ll never go and watch the movie. In fact, I ended up seeing Stuber instead—loved that film.
We have our preferences, but the general public has a different view (nearly 20x)
ExplorerWannabe likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 12:15 pm

Programs: Continental OnePass
Are the Spider-man kits ending at the end of July?
Old Jul 27, 2019, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
We have our preferences, but the general public has a different view (nearly 20x)
I know. I am surprised. If United didn’t have that Spider-man themed safety video, I would have watched the movie too. Actually, a safety video based on Stuber would have been more interesting.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by ContinentalFan

I know. I am surprised. If United didn’t have that Spider-man themed safety video, I would have watched the movie too. Actually, a safety video based on Stuber would have been more interesting.
The safety video is definitely not good, but the movie itself is actually pretty good if you have followed the MCU. Don’t let the safety video fool you about the quality of the movie.

The movie was an enjoyable watch with my daughter! She hated the safety video, too!
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 10:12 pm
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
CGP Grey liked the themed amenities, but also hated the video:
https://overcast.fm/+B1qynzRmI

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.