Search

Bare footed in Polaris Lounge IAH

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Rule. #10 is applicable here

From the United website:
Atmosphere and attire

1. During your visit to a Lounge, we ask that your attire and conduct be consistent with the environment.
  2. As a courtesy to other guests, please wear headphones or earbuds when using personal devices such as smartphones, tablets and other electronics, and refrain from using the speaker feature on any device.
  3. Solicitation is prohibited in all Lounges.
  4. Use of tobacco products, including electronic products, cigarettes, pipes, chewing tobacco or cigars is not permitted inside Lounges.
  5. In addition to United’s Remedies, United reserves the right to terminate any membership or remove any member or guest for any conduct United deems inappropriate.
  6. United reserves the right to refuse to serve alcoholic beverages to any patron who appears to be intoxicated or is otherwise unruly.
  7. Food and alcoholic beverages may not be brought into Lounge locations. Food and beverage is provided for consumption and use in the Lounge and may not be removed.
  8. Alcoholic beverages will not be served to anyone under 21 years old. Local age laws and regulations apply in non-U.S. locations.
  9. Airport luggage carts are not permitted inside Lounges.
  10. Laying on the floor or placing feet on the furniture is prohibited in all Lounges.
  11. United will not be held responsible for personal articles lost or stolen in any Lounge.
SL
Old Apr 30, 2019, 11:39 am

Programs: DL Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SunLover

From the United website:
Atmosphere and attire

1. During your visit to a Lounge, we ask that your attire and conduct be consistent with the environment.
  2. As a courtesy to other guests, please wear headphones or earbuds when using personal devices such as smartphones, tablets and other electronics, and refrain from using the speaker feature on any device.
  4. Use of tobacco products, including electronic products, cigarettes, pipes, chewing tobacco or cigars is not permitted inside Lounges.
  5. In addition to United’s Remedies, United reserves the right to terminate any membership or remove any member or guest for any conduct United deems inappropriate.
  6. United reserves the right to refuse to serve alcoholic beverages to any patron who appears to be intoxicated or is otherwise unruly.
  7. Food and alcoholic beverages may not be brought into Lounge locations. Food and beverage is provided for consumption and use in the Lounge and may not be removed.
  8. Alcoholic beverages will not be served to anyone under 21 years old. Local age laws and regulations apply in non-U.S. locations.
  10. Laying on the floor or placing feet on the furniture is prohibited in all Lounges.
  11. United will not be held responsible for personal articles lost or stolen in any Lounge.
SL
Violations of Rule Number 2 are the ones that really get my goat. Oh, here I am, in a crowded environment, with many people working, reading, talking normally, and I'm going to watch my video with the volume on loud because, well, it's me, so there.
abaheti likes this.
Old May 1, 2019, 8:05 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by DCAFly
Violations of Rule Number 2 are the ones that really get my goat. Oh, here I am, in a crowded environment, with many people working, reading, talking normally, and I'm going to watch my video with the volume on loud because, well, it's me, so there.
Those people get reported immediately.
ContinentalFan likes this.
Old May 1, 2019, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold

From the United website:
Atmosphere and attire

SL
Not that I care because I will occasionally dose off in the UC but I thought someone said that no sleeping was a "written rule". Is there another list of "rules" also posted. I was actually starting to get mildly paranoid about passing out in a chair in a UC.
Old May 1, 2019, 12:28 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by nomad420
Not that I care because I will occasionally dose off in the UC but I thought someone said that no sleeping was a "written rule". Is there another list of "rules" also posted. I was actually starting to get mildly paranoid about passing out in a chair in a UC.
The previous list of rules was just an excerpt
Full UC rules

Sleeping has called out in the past but it seems to be gone now
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...d-lounges.html
Old May 7, 2019, 6:12 am

Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
Angry

I didn’t use flash or zoom but likely same passenger on this flight to LAX-SYD in premium.

SYD.
Old May 7, 2019, 7:04 am

Programs: UA 1K; VA Gold; QF Gold; HHonors Gold; Marriott Gold; National ExecElite
Worth noting that Qantas still has dress code and other rules for their lounges, and they're enforced. Don't even try to enter a business lounge or *gasp* the International First Lounge wearing jeans, shorts, flip flops, etc. And I've seen dozens of times when the agents ask people to put their feet down and put their shoes back on, etc. No reason why UA can't do the same - it's a question of willingness on the part of the airline to keep their lounges high-quality.
ContinentalFan and DCFlyIAD like this.
Old May 7, 2019, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by Boofer
it's a question of willingness on the part of the airline to keep their lounges high-quality.
It's also a question of what the airline's premium passengers want to wear when they fly. The lounge isn't "high-quality" if a large portion of the F pax can't enter without changing.
Old May 7, 2019, 8:16 am
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
Here is the Quantas lounge dress code. Not quite as restrictive as some might suggest.

https://www.qantas.com/travel/airlin...ines/global/en
enviroian and chavala like this.
Old May 7, 2019, 9:36 am

Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
On the staffing comparison - UA and most USA lounges (a few exceptions with DL SEA or ATL which I've seen active staff walking inside the lounge greetings guest) have airline personnel working the reception desk and customer service desk. Most staff/personnel inside the lounge are contractors for catering or cleaning so they could care less about your outfit, or etiquette.
Old May 7, 2019, 9:40 am

From the United website:
Atmosphere and attire

10.Laying on the floor or placing feet on the furniture is prohibited in all Lounges.SL
You would think United would be able to find someone capable of conjugating verbs.
ContinentalFan and RooseveltL like this.
Old May 7, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Boofer
Worth noting that Qantas still has dress code and other rules for their lounges, and they're enforced. Don't even try to enter a business lounge or *gasp* the International First Lounge wearing jeans, shorts, flip flops, etc. And I've seen dozens of times when the agents ask people to put their feet down and put their shoes back on, etc. No reason why UA can't do the same - it's a question of willingness on the part of the airline to keep their lounges high-quality.
You can't wear JEANS in a Qantas lounge? I find this very hard to believe. Do you have something to back this up or am I just reading more fake news on FT?
Old May 7, 2019, 10:10 am

Programs: UA 1k, AS 75k, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Podophobia, manifesting as a severe aversion to feet, is pretty common. There are certainly rational arguments for or against bare feet, shod feet, etc., but you aren't going to convince someone like me that it's not disgusting to put your gross feet (and yes, they are all gross to some degree) in places where feet are not supposed to go, because it is an irrational aversion. Putting your bare feet up like that also puts them much closer to eye level and that's not something I want in my line of sight.
chavala likes this.
Old May 7, 2019, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Marriott Gold
This (and the Oz flyer) are definitely candidates for Passenger Shaming which has a no tolerance for feet.
Old May 7, 2019, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by DCAFly
I find the ones who can't resist the urge to facetime to be even worse than the videos and/or music. No, not everyone wants to hear your end of the conversation, let alone both ends of it. It never fails, the volume on those "calls" is always blasting at the maximum level (or so it seems).
ContinentalFan and DCAFly like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.