Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bare footed in Polaris Lounge IAH

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2019, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by DCAFly
Does anyone else find it disturbing that he has his entire right hoof shoved between his big toe and second toe of his left hoof? Looks like he is trying to massage his right foot with his left, for all to see. I'm not sure why I find that so off putting but that's what sticks with me from the picture.
I had to do a double take. Ugh.

I would hate to be sitting in a chair at a lounge wondering who's feet was on my arm rest the day before. I disagree that feet are cleaner.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by halls120

YMMV of course, but I spend far more time in a UC departing than I do connecting.
I think this was a Polaris Lounge and far more likely to have connecting pax.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 8:18 am

Programs: Delta, United
Originally Posted by Badenoch
This isn't a huge deal. People often put feet, shod or otherwise, on chairs in public spaces. Every time your bottom touches down on a chair in an airport lounge you can reasonably expect someone's feet were on them at some point.
Not only has someone's feet been on the chairs, they have also farted while sitting in the chair. If fact, chairs in a public space have probably had more farts than feet. That said there is some decorum that should be followed in public spaces. Not putting feet on the furniture is one of them.
cirrusdragoon likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 8:42 am

Programs: UA-G MM, Priority Club Platinum, Avis First, Hertz 5*, Red Lion
so let's say someone took their rollerboard through the bathroom (or the airport or the street etc.) and then set it up on a chair to get something or just hang out. Happens.every.day. I think that's worse. No moral outrage?
Lehava likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 8:55 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by prestonh
so let's say someone took their rollerboard through the bathroom (or the airport or the street etc.) and then set it up on a chair to get something or just hang out. Happens.every.day. I think that's worse. No moral outrage?
Last week in one of the UC’s a pax had his rolling briefcase (“wheels down”) sitting upright on one of the tables (not an end table or work table, but one in the dining area). That was disgusting.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by DCAFly
hoof
Old Apr 28, 2019, 9:32 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by KonaGuy
If you ever travel to the tropics, you will encounter bare feet. They are not offensive. It's only the people who were shoes so much that get stinky feet. We who are barefoot most of the time or wearing "slippaz" (flipflops) have feet no different than hands.
People who don't wear shoes are just as likely to have smelly feet as those who do. It all depends on the feet and the hygiene of the wearer, not on footwear or lack of it. If your feet are prone to smell, they will do so under all circumstances. Bacteria on the skin break down sweat as it comes from the pores. A cheesy smell is the result as the sweat decomposes. Feet in flip-flops sweat just as much as those enclosed in socks and shoes. The fallacy that bacteria on feet somehow don't operate in the open air (they do) needs to be dispensed with.
Miggles likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by 1P
People who don't wear shoes are just as likely to have smelly feet as those who do. It all depends on the feet and the hygiene of the wearer, not on footwear or lack of it. If your feet are prone to smell, they will do so under all circumstances. Bacteria on the skin break down sweat as it comes from the pores. A cheesy smell is the result as the sweat decomposes. Feet in flip-flops sweat just as much as those enclosed in socks and shoes. The fallacy that bacteria on feet somehow don't operate in the open air (they do) needs to be dispensed with.
As stomach-turning this topic has become, I'll chime in with the above. I've been seated in near proximity with someone wearing flip flops and the odor from their feet was unequivocal and disgusting. Thankfully, I was not trapped in a plane and thus was able to relocate myself.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 10:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Ah yes, reason #2 ,684 why I travel with at least two packs of Lysol disinfectant wipes - usually I wipe down the table in the lounge before I put my things on it, but thanks to the OP, I will remember to do the seat too....maybe I need 3 packs as doing an entire Polaris seat takes about 5 sheets by the time I'm done....so I need 2 in the lounge, 5 on the flight, so we're up to 14 wipes round trip which is almost an entire pack.

I certainly would have reported it to a UA agent, not the generally useless contract staff who do the dishes, trash and food service. The last time I saw some idiot take their dirty plate back to the buffet and I told one of the contractors to go take their plate away from them, they were completely clueless with a deer-in-the-headlights look and after I pushed them to do something, they just went to get a manager and sent them to me instead of doing what I asked them.
YVR guy likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Saw this in the LAX Polarized lounge last month. A middle aged woman, very nicely dressed, had pulled a chair close to hers and put her feet up. An attendant politely told her there is a strict policy against putting feet up on any of the furniture in the lounge. The woman pretended not to understand the attendant's accent. Attendant very politely said I am sorry and left. Came back with an entrance agent who said the same thing and if she need to elevate her feet she could use a day lounge chair or her own rollaboard, not a table or chair because neither are intended for that use.

Was nicely handled. And effectively handled.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: IHG Plat, HH D, UA GS, Perm BonVoyed
Am I the only one reading this thread that's not like uber germaphobic?
Old Apr 28, 2019, 11:46 am

...and to all of those who claimed that restricting access of the PL to long haul J travellers will solve all the ills we face at UCs from overcrowding to etiquette, I present to you exhibit A
Old Apr 28, 2019, 11:51 am

Programs: skyteam
foot fungus . that is all
Old Apr 28, 2019, 11:53 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by KonaGuy
In Houston, I'd agree. If I saw that in HNL and someone complained I'd say they need to get with the program. Hence my characterization as a regional culture issue.
The staff at HNL understand basic human manners and would not let you get away with that - especially the large number of Japanese business class travelers that frequent the club. And if you told them to get with the program - they'd be happy to show you the door.

You may find that acceptable in Kona - it is not, it is disgusting to put your feet on lounge furniture like you are at home. It is a business class lounge - not your home, beach, or do what ever you feel like lounge.

And keep your feet off of the bulkhead - why do you think Hawaiian Airlines put signs at the bulkhead of no feet - because even Hawaiian Airlines finds it disgusting.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 12:16 pm

Question to everyone on this thread that thinks bare feet are sooooo disgusting: do you put your own bare feet in your bed when you sleep?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.