Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Toddler socks in the new amenity kit

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2019, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Well, this is a conversation I didn’t anticipate having on Flyertalk when I woke up this morning.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by Bluehen1
Could it be that these are just intended to be ankle socks? I don't think I've ever worn the socks in my amenity kits so I wouldn't know what the old ones look like.
All the cool kids are going with ankle socks today so this is probably what's happening. Sunday Riley is on point.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

These. Weigh nothing. Pack flat .Water- or whatever - proof.

Old Apr 26, 2019, 3:33 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Lintrix
Bro your feet are already on the large side and you're wearing the socks over your socks?
The Sock Fetishists must be taking over UA’s Onboard Product Fulfillment Centers.
SAPriorityTag likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 5:01 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Yes, I had the same problem. The second most recent socks are some of the best airline socks I’ve ever had, but these new socks I got yesterday are tiny, I could barely put them on and they felt very very tight. I’m a US size 11, and have never had any problem with any airline socks before. Really too bad because they look great.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Since everyone is hung up on the fact that I wear the kit socks on top of my regular socks here is a side by side photo of me wearing the socks from the old 747 kit. Those socks still fit perfectly despite my apparently unique fashion sense. Notice that the rubber grippers go all the way along the bottom of the foot and do not stop half way like the new toddler socks. I also clarified with my wife she tried the kit socks on her bare foot and they did not fit.

This is all just confirmation that United is doing whatever they can to ruin Polaris

Old Apr 26, 2019, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Is the OP Peggy Hill?
Old Apr 26, 2019, 6:35 pm

Programs: UA
Could it be that these are "compression socks" that are supposed to keep your feet from swelling while flying?
Old Apr 26, 2019, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
After reading the thread title, my first thought was that UA was now including socks for toddlers in the amenity kit or that they now had amenity kits for toddlers.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 8:59 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Ok maybe the new socks are smaller, but I'm just interested in why you would wear socks over your socks? Why not just take your normal socks off and put on the UA ones while onboard, and change back into your socks at the end of the flight? Thats what I do on intl flights. Had no idea wearing socks over socks was a thing. Seems like that would just make your feet way too warm.
SAPriorityTag, chavala and IAH2MEL like this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.5MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
This is the Best. Thread. Ever.
cawhite and SS255 like this.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 2:28 am

Programs: UA1K, QF Plat, *A & Marriot Gold, OW Emerald, Hyatt Hertz PC CanPass Nexus APEC Global Entry
I am a sock over sock wearer too but leave the UA socks behind when I leave. Size 11 foot so I support OP in his sock woe
onthesam likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 2:52 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
If the sock don’t fit, you have to acquit.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 3:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Lori_Q
This is the Best. Thread. Ever.
^^
Old Apr 27, 2019, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Jimmie Jet
I am a sock over sock wearer too but leave the UA socks behind when I leave. Size 11 foot so I support OP in his sock woe
Thank you for your support follow sock over sock. We must band together and stand strong in the face of this oppression.
onthesam and Jimmie Jet like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.