Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where would you go this weekend?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2019, 5:01 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
Are you open to Mexico City? I saw a business saver for 30K out Friday and a 17.5K economy back on Monday. it's a a great place for a weekend.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 5:13 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
I just did Brazil last weekend for 4 days, 3 nights; 1k upgrading with GPU's. Little/no jet lag if you can sleep on the plane since you head largely south. Do you have a Brazilian visa? (your post doesn't mention your nationality). They do e-visas for Australians, US Citizens, etc these days but it may be too short notice...

Just checked April 17-21, there's PZ availability EWR-GRU ~$1600rtn for W fare which is on the high side but it's last minute. São Paulo is a vibrant mega-city with a solid bar/nightlife scene, great food, and I even had great weather this past weekend (sunny and 82F; spent several hours in the hotel pool). Fast becoming my favorite over Rio these days...you may need to factor in Easter as some things are likely closed (but I'm no expert here). This trip would net you nearly 10,000 PQM too, if that's a factor for re-qual.

PM for more tips if you decide to go.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
Originally Posted by DCAFly
Are you open to Mexico City? I saw a business saver for 30K out Friday and a 17.5K economy back on Monday. it's a a great place for a weekend.

Not to mention that many many residents of Mexico City leave and head to the beaches. So, it is a great time to visit !

I am going myself...leaving Puerto Vallarta (beach) to leave the crowds coming in...and going to Mexico City 18th-21st !!
Old Apr 15, 2019, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seanp7
Do you have a Brazilian visa? (your post doesn't mention your nationality). They do e-visas for Australians, US Citizens, etc these days but it may be too short notice...
Visa free beginning June 17th.
seanp7 and goodeats21 like this.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by TomMM
Visa free beginning June 17th.
Yeah, looking forward to that too!
Old Apr 15, 2019, 7:24 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
I'm seeing I space on EWR-MAN and EWR-GVA on 4/19, as well as on LH EWR/JFK-FRA, and intriguingly enough on the LO JFK-BUD flight, which is probably the most interesting of the lot.

Also if you don't mind positioning to ORD or BOS there's O space on both LH ORD-FRA flights, ORD-MUC, as well as BOS-FRA and -MUC (both of which have empty F cabins now) — and you could add on an intra-Europe leg to get the FCT in FRA / FCL in MUC and to where you actually want to go.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K
If the upgrade clears, EWR-HKG. Depart 3pm Friday and arrive 7pm Saturday. If you're in J and can sleep on planes, this is a very efficient use of your day.

You get one full day in the city (all of Sunday) plus whatever time you can scavenge on Saturday night or Sunday night.

Depart 10am Monday, landing 2pm Monday, spend Monday evening recuperating.

W outbound/R return is $1384; R is 1.5x PQM and better GPU priority.

I love trips of any length to HKG and would be thrilled with this kind of opportunity; YMMV of course!
Old Apr 15, 2019, 9:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
After the Arch, go see...

* City Museum
* Forest Park
* Central West End
* Delmar Loop

I spent this past weekend in the STL, and I miss it already.
Any food suggestions, this is what I had planned:

Day 1: Dredd Scott Courthouse, Cathedral Basilica, Gateway Arch, Eads Bridge. EAT: BBQ Pork Steaks STL Style @gamlin
Day 2: City Museum, Soldiers Memorial Military Museum, Union Station, Missouri History Museum, LUNCH TBD, Anheuser-Busch Tour (9-5). EAT: Ted Drewes Frozen Custard at some point
Day 3: Gateway Arch (again), Cardinals Game EAT: STL Style Pizza @ Imos
Old Apr 15, 2019, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
I’m confused.... Lots of people are responding about saver awards. But doesn’t the OP want to buy a ticket and use his expiring GPU’s?
Old Apr 16, 2019, 12:04 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by zrs70
I’m confused.... Lots of people are responding about saver awards. But doesn’t the OP want to buy a ticket and use his expiring GPU’s?
fyi, he specifically mentions a saver award in his second sentence.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
fyi, he specifically mentions a saver award in his second sentence.
Thanks! My sophomoric brain missing things that aren’t in big bold letters! LOL
Old Apr 16, 2019, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
I had a colleague who was in a NYLON relationship, he in London, she in NY. The weekend was doable from London but it was hell from NY, losing a night's sleep right at the start .
Old Apr 16, 2019, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lhrsfo
I had a colleague who was in a NYLON relationship, he in London, she in NY. The weekend was doable from London but it was hell from NY, losing a night's sleep right at the start .
The day flight from EWR can help with that!
Old Apr 16, 2019, 6:18 am

Programs: ua-mm *G, hilton-gold
https://www.bobwillsday.com/pages/up...20SCHEDULE.png if you can put it off a week, then check out the bob will day in turkey, texas. you can fly in to Lubbock or Amarillo (100 miles away). music will be out of this world good.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Anheuser-Busch Tour (9-5).
If you can still get space, do one of the paid brewery tours: https://www.budweisertours.com/locat...tractions.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.