Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DCA-LAX nonstop

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2019, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
While agreeing that those in DC much prefer DCA, the population of Fairfax County alone is 2x DC. And from a business point of view, NOVA is a pretty significant area (it just depends what business you are in).
It is a good point that NOVA is not all DC-facing, but I will bet that the 2x population flies a bit less than the DC-affiliated one.

My anecdotal experience is of course imperfect, but it surely appears to me that there are a lot more connecting passengers than originating ones at IAD.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Fun fact: the existing DCA-DEN route is outside the perimeter, by 36 miles.

The existing DCA-SFO route, of course, is way over.
That can't be the case. The DCA perimeter rule is 1,250 miles. IAH is within, and AUS is outside it (and why WN has an exemption for their service). And DEN is farther from DCA than both of those cities.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by Fanjet
That can't be the case. The DCA perimeter rule is 1,250 miles. IAH is within, and AUS is outside it (and why WN has an exemption for their service). And DEN is farther from DCA than both of those cities.
1,250 nautical miles, which works out to be 1,440 miles. DEN is 1,476 miles.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Repooc17
1,250 nautical miles, which works out to be 1,440 miles. DEN is 1,476 miles.
No, it's 1250 statute miles. (49 USC §49109). AUS is 1315 miles, and, as stated unthread, WN had to use a perimeter exception to start service.

(AUS is just a little too far from both DCA and LGA for unrestricted nonstop flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.