Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

The apparently infamous United cheeseburger

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The apparently infamous United cheeseburger

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2019, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Does United serve the burger on international flights? I really hope so, because I’ll be on the 17 hour SFO-SIN 787-9 and your feedback has been most inspirational. But if not, I sense that the United meals have improved in recent years leaving attractive alternatives?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold, American Kettle, Hertz #1 Presidents Circle, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by TomMM
I've had one in F once on a pretzel bun, pretty tasty.
I've found its always been one of the most consistently edible items on UA Flights. And since I always travel with some extra packets of condiments (Mayo, Horsey Sauce, Spicy Mustard) I can adulterate the taste even more.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 4:35 pm

Programs: DL DM 3MM
Originally Posted by vanillabean
Does United serve the burger on international flights? I really hope so, because I’ll be on the 17 hour SFO-SIN 787-9 and your feedback has been most inspirational. But if not, I sense that the United meals have improved in recent years leaving attractive alternatives?
Not when I flew SFO-SIN six weeks ago. I few J not not sure if they do in Y. If flying J bring snacks - get fed one hour after takeoff and one hour before landing. Meals were rather light IMO. After 8 hours I was rummaging around the "snack area" and everything was picked over. They had a super small grilled cheese with tomato soup if you ask between meal services (it isn't offered without asking). Ran out of all white wine after first meal service too...
Old Nov 1, 2019, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
The cheeseburger is no more in the November menu in the magazine
Old Nov 1, 2019, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by rankourabu
The cheeseburger is no more in the November menu in the magazine
No! It can’t be! I’m flying Monday! Arrrrrggggghhhhh!

UA website version of Bistro items still show the brioche cheeseburger, not that I’d expect it (or the magazine) to be synched with catering at menu transitions.

Maybe someone can take pic of fresh options in next couple of days?

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Nov 1, 2019 at 11:53 pm
Old Nov 1, 2019, 11:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
As if $24k to requalify wasn't already enough of a punch in the gut . . . .
uanj, drewguy and Dublin_rfk like this.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 11:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
They offered me an "Everything Burger" on a PS flight today, which is very similar to the old pretzel bun cheeseburger except (1) condiments are gone, (2) tomatoes and lettuce are back, and (3) the pretzel bun has been replaced by what is essentially an everything bagel. I preferred the old one, but this new version isn't bad.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sfo789
They offered me an "Everything Burger" on a PS flight today, which is very similar to the old pretzel bun cheeseburger except (1) condiments are gone, (2) tomatoes and lettuce are back, and (3) the pretzel bun has been replaced by what is essentially an everything bagel. I preferred the old one, but this new version isn't bad.
“Everything Burger” without condiments doesn’t seem like an “Everything Burger”. I would think they either miscatered the condiments or the FAs couldn’t find ‘em.
drewguy, Dublin_rfk and sfo789 like this.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by sfo789
That is what is on the menu replacing the cheeseburger with a *NEW* label.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rankourabu
That is what is on the menu replacing the cheeseburger with a *NEW* label.
There’s hope. Now I have to scramble to find some condiment packets for insurance.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 12:37 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
“Everything Burger” without condiments doesn’t seem like an “Everything Burger”.
Most Things Burger doesn't have quite the same ring to it, I suppose.
drewguy likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 9:31 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
I would eat the burger again if it is the same one as CO served pre-merger. I had three CO burgers on a flight back from LHR. They were delicious and free. And served in Economy too.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 12:45 am

Programs: United 1K, Southwest Companion, Marriott Platinum Premier, National Executive
There was a burger today (11/2) SFO-ORD in Y. Can't say what exactly it consisted of, but I know that it was offered
Old Nov 3, 2019, 9:57 am

Cheeseburger was one of the meal choices in F last week SFO-ORD (the other was cheese ravioli. lame). Pretzel bun. Lettuce, tomato, pickle in a ramekin. Slice of gouda on a separate plate. I can't recall if Sir Kensington condiememts or back to Heinz.

Maybe they got rid of the cheeseburger in BoB to make sure that the meal in F was differentiated...
Old Nov 3, 2019, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by boolean64
Cheeseburger was one of the meal choices in F last week SFO-ORD (the other was cheese ravioli. lame). Pretzel bun. Lettuce, tomato, pickle in a ramekin. Slice of gouda on a separate plate. I can't recall if Sir Kensington condiememts or back to Heinz.

Maybe they got rid of the cheeseburger in BoB to make sure that the meal in F was differentiated...
i think they made slight changes to it (buns, etc.) every few months. I forget the bun they traditionally used. Went to a pretzel bun at some point. Don’t know what it was most recently, but website menu says it is a brioche bun with the burger now. I know when they got rid of the pretzel bun domestically, it was listed as the option from Canada, and as of last month, still was.

I still don’t know why they have different options on ex-Canada flights. Even on short flights, the snacks are different. Don’t know about now since the multiple snack options became available (I’ll find out later this month), but at least when they started with Stroopwafels and then switched to the maple cookies domestically, ex-Canada We’ve gotten the ok, but kind of weird, Peak Freans cookies - I think cranberry orange or something. As a Canadian, I have no problem with Peak Freans, but at least give us the good stuff, like the strawberry/cream sandwich cookies. (And ironic they had maple cookies domestically, but not ex-Canada).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.