Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade list question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz PC
Upgrade list question

I'm on United 2101 today Austin to Houston. On a G fare i'm not listed on the Upgrade standby list. HUN, B. Also on my boarding pass on App says nothing about Standby Upgrade list like it usually does.

Not a big deal because first is full. So no chance to upgrade but just curious. why not on list.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
BE fare? Even international BE tickets wont allow domestic upgrades.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:42 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, SPG Platinum, National Executive
Originally Posted by aacharya
What indication do you have this was either BE or International? OP clearly states it was domestic and not BE.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:44 am
Original Poster

G Fare
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:59 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by bhunt
I'm on United 2101 today Austin to Houston. On a G fare i'm not listed on the Upgrade standby list. HUN, B. Also on my boarding pass on App says nothing about Standby Upgrade list like it usually does.

Not a big deal because first is full. So no chance to upgrade but just curious. why not on list.
Do you have status in 2019?

Did you have your MP number linked to your res?

If so, do you see other indications of the status being recognized on your BP or Res, such as free bags or BG1?
jsloan likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

G Fare
Right, but are you connecting to a TATL destination? If so, you could be on a BE fare even though you're in G.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM

Did you ask the GA?
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Update

Yes I'm currently Gold

Asked GA when I arrived. She could not explain why i wasn't on the list. But added me. Now at #28
ajGoes likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by UAX_Brasilia
What indication do you have this was either BE or International? OP clearly states it was domestic and not BE.
1. AUS to IAH, although flown on its own, is a very common feeder into international legs.
2. Any fare class can be BE. Care to advise where it's cited that a G fare can never be BE?
Old Mar 6, 2019, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Any fare class can be BE
Nope, not even all coach classes can

I think it is S, T, L, K, G, N that can be BE ... trying to find that somewhere
Old Mar 6, 2019, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cfischer
Nope, not even all coach classes can

I think it is S, T, L, K, G, N that can be BE ... trying to find that somewhere
And W.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 1:41 pm
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
Update

Yes I'm currently Gold

Asked GA when I arrived. She could not explain why i wasn't on the list. But added me. Now at #28
Did the app/site say that this flight was CPU eligible?

I think the system can get stuck sometimes. I was nowhere on the list for a flight to HNL a few months back, but didn't really care since first was already full a couple of weeks before the flight. A few minutes before the door closes, an agent comes looking for me and one other passenger to let us know that we had been upgraded. I guess they re-ran the list when the two seats opened up which put me back on the list.
I was pleasantly surprised, and do hope that re-running the list before processing upgrades is the norm as I would have hated to lose an upgrade due to a glitch!
Old Mar 6, 2019, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update

Yes I'm currently Gold

Maybe they were just being proactive and not wanting to publicly shame you on being #28 !
Old Mar 6, 2019, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,
I have a future reservation that is a G fareand the website states it is CPU eligible... so that doesn't preclude G fares from being upgradable. They definitely are not always BE fares.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 4:19 pm

I really dont know why they put an eligible passenger at number 28 on the upgrade list—somewhat demoralizing—far better to have the “FC Checkined in Full” than dangling nonexistent upgrades

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.