Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Club Card Lounge benefits LAX

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2019, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
United Club Card Lounge benefits LAX

Obviously I can access United Club terminal 7.

Reading a TPG post today I’m wondering if I have access to the Star Alliance Lounge in TBIT. Looks much better and I have a longish layover.

Domestic travel, economy, have the Club Card. Actually a 20 min flight to Santa Barbara that’s using an ERJ175 and looks like good chance of upgrade prior to at gate so might be First by then. The article had the writer in first but I don’t think a Flagship(or whatever United calls it) first(LAX to ORD recliner seats). Article was vague on whether first or Club Card got him in.

Would I be able to enter, either first, still Econ or neither having the Club Card? Coming into LAX, don’t mind the exercise.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by Jonesdds

Reading a TPG post today I’m wondering if I have access to the Star Alliance Lounge in TBIT. Looks much better and I have a longish layover.

Domestic travel, economy, have the Club Card. Actually a 20 min flight to Santa Barbara that’s using an ERJ175 and looks like good chance of upgrade prior to at gate so might be First by then. The article had the writer in first but I don’t think a Flagship(or whatever United calls it) first(LAX to ORD recliner seats). Article was vague on whether first or Club Card got him in.

Would I be able to enter, either first, still Econ or neither having the Club Card? Coming into LAX, don’t mind the exercise.
I'm pretty sure that domestic first never gets you into the *A lounge, even on PS routes. However, the United Club membership will get you in. You will need to show either the physical or digital UA club card, not the CC.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA *G. DL ̶G̶O̶L̶D̶ Member, Hilton/SPG Gold, Hertz PC

I believe that you should get access, probably best if you have your physical card. Mine show's star alliance lounge and I've read before (though I can't seem to find it) that you do. been awhile since I wasn't *G so it hasn't been an issue.

Edit: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...but-not-g.html

Last edited by AceReport; Mar 1, 2019 at 7:53 pm Reason: to add link
Old Mar 1, 2019, 9:33 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!

Everything you need to know is in this thread. But yes your Club Card will get you in the lounge and also many people have been able to access the lounge with a domestic first class ticket.
Accessing the *A Lounge at LAX/TBIT as a UA flyer
Old Mar 1, 2019, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by eeflyer
I'm pretty sure that domestic first never gets you into the *A lounge, even on PS routes....
You're mistaken. United *G or front cabin passengers on departing UA domestic flights have access at the LAX *A lounge. Normal Star Alliance access rules apply.
cuthroat likes this.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Mar 1, 2019 at 11:05 pm
Old Mar 1, 2019, 10:57 pm
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
It's a lot nicer, but it's a very long walk!
Be sure to give yourself enough time to make it back to the UA terminal!
Old Mar 1, 2019, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
You're mistaken. United *G or front cabin passengers on departing UA domestic flights have access at the LAX *A lounge. Normal Star Alliance access rules apply.
Wow, that's cool! Thanks for the info, I learned something new today
Old Mar 2, 2019, 1:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Access based on domestic F is not the "normal" *A rule.

There's been mixed enforcement at LAX. But they should not be letting pax in unless they're *G or have an international departure (or a club membership).
Old Mar 2, 2019, 2:05 am

As others have noted, if you're UA Gold or above, travelling UA domestically, while you won't have access to UCs, you will have access to any other *A Gold lounge. Believe it or not there are numerous such lounges in the US as indicated by my spreadsheet tracking it. That being said Domestic F is not the same as *Gold from a lounge perspective and you'll be at the mercy of the dragon to let you in there.

Getting back to the topic at hand, your United Club membership offers you access to United Clubs, Copa Clubs and select other *A lounges worldwide. The lack of the *Gold indicator on the membership card implies that you have access to a subset of the *A lounges worldwide. My guess is that the lounges you can access with your United Club card would be similar to the ones you can access with an AC Maple Leaf Lounge worldwide membership (they're the only other airline that seems to offer such a membership). The locations of which you'll find here. Looking at the website, we see that access to the AC MLL and UCs are allowed using such a membership but *A lounge isn't listed.

Safe Travels,

James
Old Mar 2, 2019, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In addition the TBIT lounge, I think a United Club membership would also grant access to the T6 MLL at LAX, or at least it would when they're not full.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 3:00 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by j2simpso
As others have noted, if you're UA Gold or above, travelling UA domestically, while you won't have access to UCs, you will have access to any other *A Gold lounge. Believe it or not there are numerous such lounges in the US as indicated by my spreadsheet tracking it. That being said Domestic F is not the same as *Gold from a lounge perspective and you'll be at the mercy of the dragon to let you in there.

Getting back to the topic at hand, your United Club membership offers you access to United Clubs, Copa Clubs and select other *A lounges worldwide. The lack of the *Gold indicator on the membership card implies that you have access to a subset of the *A lounges worldwide. My guess is that the lounges you can access with your United Club card would be similar to the ones you can access with an AC Maple Leaf Lounge worldwide membership (they're the only other airline that seems to offer such a membership). The locations of which you'll find here. Looking at the website, we see that access to the AC MLL and UCs are allowed using such a membership but *A lounge isn't listed.

Safe Travels,

James
According to the Star Alliance website:
As holder of an eligible Paid Lounge Membership, you have access to any Star Alliance member airline’s Business Class Lounge* at the airport where your flight departs. Eligible paid memberships are United Club and Air Canada Maple Leaf Club – Worldwide.
And also provided you have an onward Star Alliance flight and boarding pass. This thread got me thinking so I went to the Star Alliance website and saw that lounge access is more generous than I previously thought for both Star Alliance Gold and paid club members. Basically the only thing off limits is UA MP Gold members traveling domestically in the US on UA cannot access UA lounges.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Kacee
Access based on domestic F is not the "normal" *A rule.

There's been mixed enforcement at LAX. But they should not be letting pax in unless they're *G or have an international departure (or a club membership).
Normal *A rules is a departing sector in the premium cabin (Business or higher) of any length grants lounge access. UA overrides this for its own lounges and flights within the US.

I've seen consistently inconsistent reports about using a domestic F BP to gain access to the TBIT lounge, the LH and TK lounges at IAD, etc. Partly just because there are so few of us in domestic F who are not also *G
Old Mar 2, 2019, 3:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by findark
Normal *A rules is a departing sector in the premium cabin (Business or higher) of any length grants lounge access.
The domestic F rule is expressly different. It's basically up to the carrier operating the lounge whether they grant access on a domestic F ticket.
Some member airlines offer lounge access at the airport where your flight departs, if you are travelling in Domestic First Class.
That's not applicable here, because *A lounge is not denominated as a carrier operated lounge. Some have argued that it should be considered an NZ operated lounge for access purposes, but NZ does not consider it as such.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 3:31 pm
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
Non *G on international C+ should also have access to all *G lounges.
Originally Posted by uanj
According to the Star Alliance website:
As holder of an eligible Paid Lounge Membership, you have access to any Star Alliance member airline’s Business Class Lounge* at the airport where your flight departs. Eligible paid memberships are United Club and Air Canada Maple Leaf Club – Worldwide.
*Except united's own business class lounge aka Polaris lounge.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
Thanks for the info. I take the short hop from SBA to LAX a fair amount, mostly on separate AA or occasional Alaska flights so his is a good option, I I want the exercise. United club let me in with my arrival boarding pass, wonder if this lounge would as well?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.